OPINION: CyberJunk 2020 Flopped because CD Defekt selfishly targeted PC, serves as a reminder to devs never to prioritize PC

1 hour ago, Bodycount N.S said:

Home base for the Witcher franchise as of now is PlayStation.

uh huh, i thought it's nintendo switch :kaz: 

or maaybee... it's still the PC because it is the only platform where you can play all witcher games :reg:  

Can the hermshells shine in on this. Just copy pasta for a friend. He wants to spend $1k-$2k on a gaming laptop. lfmao. I donno if that's still bad advince, but this is what he's researched, tell me pl if what he's picked out is good, or what you'd rather do. thx to any lazy butt who answers this.

Thanks man. I am looking anywhere from 1000-2000 range. Something that can handle heavier gaming load, durable, versatile, and that manages heat well. At the moment the top choice is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus 14 Ryzen 9 RTX 2060 MAX Q 16GB memory 512 GB SSD 120hz screen .

Seen by Sam at 9:06 AMI have no idea how expensive or nice his top choic is neither. someone pls confirm, or re-suggest, or just tell me something cool I can tell him (ha ha there's a jokes to be an ass if you want)

Edited by kokujin
2 hours ago, kokujin said:

Can the hermshells shine in on this. Just copy pasta for a friend. He wants to spend $1k-$2k on a gaming laptop. lfmao. I donno if that's still bad advince, but this is what he's researched, tell me pl if what he's picked out is good, or what you'd rather do. thx to any lazy butt who answers this.

Seen by Sam at 9:06 AMI have no idea how expensive or nice his top choic is neither. someone pls confirm, or re-suggest, or just tell me something cool I can tell him (ha ha there's a jokes to be an ass if you want)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-g5-15-6-gaming-laptop-144hz-amd-ryzen-9-4900h-16gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-5600m-1tb-ssd-rgb-keyboard-silver/6423506.p?skuId=6423506

sadly the only RX 5700M GPU in a laptop I could find is Intel based, and it's 2 grand Alienware.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/gaming-laptops/alienware-area-51m-r2-gaming-laptop/spd/alienware-area51m-r2-laptop/wn51mr220s

Edited by The Mother Fucker
  • dead 1
8 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

https://xoticpc.com/collections/msi-laptops/products/msi-gs75-stealth-1243?fbclid=IwAR0NrHkwlqfbNw1KCe1PjmJeGKn3FU7qM9y70CWSqkLKMBzTfiGxWHa9dnU

okay that has double ram and twice the TB and is a price point in between what you found.

what's the catch here? this is the best one of the 3 so far?

I'm almost done searching. this is for a friend so I'm not uber invested, but I didn't want to look bad//completely half ass it. 

17 hours ago, kokujin said:

https://xoticpc.com/collections/msi-laptops/products/msi-gs75-stealth-1243?fbclid=IwAR0NrHkwlqfbNw1KCe1PjmJeGKn3FU7qM9y70CWSqkLKMBzTfiGxWHa9dnU

okay that has double ram and twice the TB and is a price point in between what you found.

what's the catch here? this is the best one of the 3 so far?

I'm almost done searching. this is for a friend so I'm not uber invested, but I didn't want to look bad//completely half ass it. 

That one you found is 9th Gen Intel, fast, but not as fast as that Alienware's 10th gen intel.

The alienware also has the 5700M GPU still rare right now and I have no idea where it's performance lies either. My guess is if it's like the desktop variants, it's probably faster than the RTX 2070 Super Max-Q.

I don't like any of these choices since they are Intel CPU and not AMD.   I read AMD ZEN2 laptops have better power management than intel.

If it were me, I'd go with the Dell G5 from Best Buy I linked earlier.

On 2020-12-30 at 12:12 PM, Ike said:

You haven't even played it. STFU. :patpatpat:

Get out of a car at 120mph. 

watch traffic despawn as you turn your back to it 

have cops spawn around you in the middle of no where :D 

cars can’t move out of obstacles in the roads way :D 

Edited by ghostz life matters
12 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

That one you found is 9th Gen Intel, fast, but not as fast as that Alienware's 10th gen intel.

The alienware also has the 5700M GPU still rare right now and I have no idea where it's performance lies either. My guess is if it's like the desktop variants, it's probably faster than the RTX 2070 Super Max-Q.

I don't like any of these choices since they are Intel CPU and not AMD.   I read AMD ZEN2 laptops have better power management than intel.

If it were me, I'd go with the Dell G5 from Best Buy I linked earlier.

oh. the $1,300 one?  the only gripe I had with it is the 15.6" screeen. I want a baby that's 17".  thanjks. I'l tell him all that.  words words. I don't think I want cyberpunk anymore lol. I'm gonna ... go out to today and waste my money on something else.  😉 

I'll find this flop used for $30 eventually. Someone will get rid of the PS4 version. 

1 hour ago, ghostz life matters said:

Get out of a car at 120mph. 

watch traffic despawn as you turn your back to it 

have cops spawn around you in the middle of no where :D 

cars can’t move out of obstacles in the roads way :D 

sounds like an unpredictable classic that knows how to keep the spice going. I donno what chu talkin' bout. 

1 hour ago, kokujin said:

@The Mother Fucker

if you wanna teach, the last one I linked had double the TB SSD space and 32gB of RAM vs 16.  how is that not better??

just cuz the chip is AMD or did you miss that??

Are you talking about the MSI GS75 you linked, it says up to 64GB of RAM, and on the specs section it list 16GB of RAM. It has the same DRAM and storage capacity as the best buy one.   The screen is bigger, but then again, who wants to lug around a 17.5" laptop. That thing will be heavy.   Now for use at your home office desk, you could spend the difference and get a 27" monitor to compliment your laptop.