Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Oh hey, we're still magically talking about COVID 65 days after the election. That happens when 4,000 Americans have died from COVID within the past 24 hours.

If we were to vaccinate 1,000,000 Americans per day, every day. It would still us 6 months to vaccinate roughly 200 million Americans (roughly 2/3's of the population). Almost near the 65%-75% needed to reach the goal of having herd immunity.

So we're already past the "9/11 happening every single day" threshold.

Oh by the way................we're not even fucking close to that 1,000,000 vaccinations a day goal. We're barely at 200,000 a day.

My local county in Dallas went from 30 remaining hospital ICU beds left in the county at the beginning of this week, down to 18. And hospitalizations are expected to increase by at least 18% within the next couple of weeks.

Edited by jehurey
  • jehurey changed the title to Oh hey, we're still magically talking about COVID 65 days after the election. That happens when 4,000 Americans have died from COVID within the past 24 hours.

My hospital is 100% capacity and sending new patients to a hospital 40 mins away. Coincidentally my town is Trumptard land.  

Edited by lostfool
Because I can

yzdefwq9b2a61.jpg

Oh, by the way, the founded a recorded case of the new, much more aggressive strain of the coronavirus in Harris County.

That's Houston Texas.

Gee, I wonder if Texas state government has been doing a good job with their coronavirus protocols.

[Looks at the statistic that Texas, just by itself, had 400 deaths yesterday........literally 10% of all coronavirus deaths from the entire nation came from just one state]

B6m.gif

Edited by jehurey
17 hours ago, lostfool said:

My hospital is 100% capacity and sending new patients to a hospital 40 mins away. Coincidentally my town is Trumptard land.  

Ok genius. Please go ahead and explain why a blue state like California which also had the most strict lockdowns in the country is now the biggest hotspot?

18 hours ago, Goukosan said:

It should have been gone by the summer - Dr Cooke and his Associate Virologist Twinblade 

For the last fucking time.

It will weaken in the summer like the flu does but will probably come back in the fall similar to cold and flu seasons, they are all coronaviruses and follow similar paths.

37 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

lol What is your point exactly? 

Are you serious? You guys spent months last year shitting on republicans and pointing the finger at them for spreading COVID, yet now it’s happening in blue states that implemented the most draconian lockdown measures and you have nothing to say about that.... 

41 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

It will weaken in the summer like the flu does but will probably come back in the fall similar to cold and flu seasons, they are all coronaviruses and follow similar paths.

Over the summer there were RECORD BREAKING infections and deaths all over the country Dr. Cooke 

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Are you serious? You guys spent months last year shitting on republicans and pointing the finger at them for spreading COVID, yet now it’s happening in blue states that implemented the most draconian lockdown measures and you have nothing to say about that.... 

lol I remember when I got in trouble here for talking about "white fragility." No one is shitting on anyone for contracting a virus. Yes, people do shit on people for refusing to wear mask or social distance. Christie was on TV the other night going on about how he doesn't get why this is politicized, and it's because Republicans made it that way. If people are social distancing, being clean, wearing mask and get COVID. Things happen, there's no 100% effective way for it not to happen. However there is this stupid right winger flex of pointing that out as some sort of intellectual capital? Basically if someone regardless of part refuses to do anything preventive and gets COVID is radically different than someone being careful and getting....again, regardless of party. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Over the summer there were RECORD BREAKING infections and deaths all over the country Dr. Cooke 

The death rate dropped dramatically across the northern hemisphere. Yes I know its hard to imagine there is a world outside America. 

1 minute ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

The death rate dropped dramatically across the northern hemisphere. Yes I know its hard to imagine there is a world outside America. 

You mean those places where they actually followed the lock down and safety protocols to a T. 

The same protocols that you said weren't needed in the first place because according to you COVID-19 wasn't as deadly as cancer and a car crash so why lock it down?  Lmfao. 

If it would have died in the summer it wouldn't matter if the US wasn't locked down because the virus would have been weak and we wouldn't have seen RECORD DEATHS AND INFECTIONS.... but alas we did because the summer time did nothing to stop the virus Dr Cooke. 

8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You mean those places where they actually followed the lock down and safety protocols to a T. 

The same protocols that you said weren't needed in the first place because according to you COVID-19 wasn't as deadly as cancer and a car crash so why lock it down?  Lmfao. 

If it would have died in the summer it wouldn't matter if the US wasn't locked down because the virus would have been weak and we wouldn't have seen RECORD DEATHS AND INFECTIONS.... but alas we did because the summer time did nothing to stop the virus Dr Cooke. 

Yes I mean everywhere.  In Canada our numbers dropped big time in the summer but started to spike again in the fall yet our restrictions have only increased. We aren't idiots up here and take it seriously, but restrictions only go so far.

The warm weather does play a dramatic role in how coronaviruses spread. 

And when did I say the protocols werent needed? I'm the one that said we needed a TOTAL LOCKDOWN for a month with zero travel whatsoever. 

You need to stop being so fucking selective with what you read and see. It's in one ear and out the other with you. It's fucking infuriating. 

43 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Yes I mean everywhere.  In Canada our numbers dropped big time in the summer but started to spike again in the fall yet our restrictions have only increased. We aren't idiots up here and take it seriously, but restrictions only go so far.

The warm weather does play a dramatic role in how coronaviruses spread. 

And when did I say the protocols werent needed? I'm the one that said we needed a TOTAL LOCKDOWN for a month with zero travel whatsoever. 

You need to stop being so fucking selective with what you read and see. It's in one ear and out the other with you. It's fucking infuriating. 

The United States saw a record highs in the summer months if the summer played a dramatic role in slowing the spread those numbers wouldn't have gone through the roof.

Bro you were crying and complaining all summer that you couldn't go camping because of the lockdown and the how it wasn't needed in the first place... and that the lock down is counter productive because the highest infection rates are indoors and please let us go outside the summer heat will kill it.... did you forget? 😂🤣

1 hour ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Eh, you jumped pretty hard on the summer numbers being an indication of a weaker strain.

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

Eh, you jumped pretty hard on the summer numbers being an indication of a weaker strain.

And that did happen. Weaker as in less deadly. But also more contagious, you win some you lose some. 

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop said:

Hey retard, when are the most deaths occurring? Oh right now, in the middle of flu season...

Derp

Hey numb nuts... at the time when it was summer time... the numbers were the highest its ever been as far as deaths and infections. 

Higher than the intial outbreaks and higher than then worst peaks in April. 

It kept increasing all through the summer months and it's still increasing now. 

Cooke claimed the summer months would outright kill it, then he back tracked to slow it down... neither of which happened.. because again it increased all throughout the summer months. 

You have room to talk when you thought for months it was a hoax 😂🤣

Edited by Goukosan