Killzone website taken down, series is likely done for

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/playstation-has-officially-retired-the-killzone-franchise-website/ar-BB1cDbh0?ocid=uxbndlbing

This is unfortunate. Im not really a fan of the games but they were still a decent boost to Sony's first party library, especially considering that they don't really have any other noteworthy FPSs.

i've been meaning to get the Vita game before it inevitably gets pulled from sale and the physical copy becomes worth some dough.

Honestly, the resistance games were better, 1950's sci-fi alien invasion at least made that series differentiate itself enough.

seems that both Resistance and Killzone were products of their time, they served a purpose back then when Halo was all the rage and Sony couldn't mention COD without getting a lawsuit.

now that Halo is dead, COD is aligned with PS and both guerilla and insomniac are on beloved IPs like spiderman and horizon, i wouldn't count on either of these ever coming back.

Sony has Call of Duty, and Destiny in their pocket. it's like having Halo and COD in 2007, they don't need any other FPS. Multiplat or not they probably have >80% of the FPS market, and players, on their side.

oh, and the best FPS pad ever made, the dualsense. :glad: 

I only played killzone 2 and it was okay-ish for a launch game. there was a scene with a boss-like encounter where you had to hide from a drone and then destroy it. that was cool. 

also played the mp for a few hours, man, the controls were ass but it was kinda fun and I think I logged in in 2016 or something and online matches were still running. :gasp: 

7 hours ago, kazpunk said:

I only played killzone 2 and it was okay-ish for a launch game. there was a scene with a boss-like encounter where you had to hide from a drone and then destroy it. that was cool. 

also played the mp for a few hours, man, the controls were ass but it was kinda fun and I think I logged in in 2016 or something and online matches were still running. :gasp: 

lol gray-zone. i hated the shooting lag and how dark everything was. 3, at least, had color in it.

24 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

lol gray-zone. i hated the shooting lag and how dark everything was. 3, at least, had color in it.

yea, I played the killzone 3 demo a few times in the snowy environments with a jet pack. the controls were a lot more responsive. and I looked up some walkthroughs back then and there was some fauna and flora and vegetation, it looked really cool. 

I will play this someday, I still have my slim ps3 right here. same with uncharted 3 and some other games I never played. 

• Upvote 1