Anyone got that Apple M1?

Just bought a new air to replace my 2016 pro, I’m hearing great things on the air and the m1 in general. Opted for the 16gb version but curious on if anyone has one and their thoughts. 

Bonus topic: anyone have a Lg OLED and MacBook? Airplay works amazing with iPhones and my old MacBook just curious if I can expect the same here as I may use the OLED as a second screen more often 

Edited by ghostz life matters
5 hours ago, ghostz life matters said:

Just bought a new air to replace my 2016 pro, I’m hearing great things on the air and the m1 in general. Opted for the 16gb version but curious on if anyone has one and their thoughts. 

Bonus topic: anyone have a Lg OLED and MacBook? Airplay works amazing with iPhones and my old MacBook just curious if I can expect the same here as I may use the OLED as a second screen more often 

I have the M1 MacBook Pro and a CX OLED but I don't wanna risk any burn in with using as monitor. 

Edited by Vini
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Vini said:

The battery life on it is great up until you decide to run apps with rosetta for non M1 apps and then it goes to shit real quick

Do you have one? I can’t seem to find a way to download the photoshop beta or even figure out if it requires a subscription 

On the battery life - ive had it for about 24 hrs and haven’t even charged it yet lol

Edited by ghostz life matters
17 hours ago, ghostz life matters said:

Do you have one? I can’t seem to find a way to download the photoshop beta or even figure out if it requires a subscription 

On the battery life - ive had it for about 24 hrs and haven’t even charged it yet lol

Yea I've had the pro for a bit. The battery life is amazing unlike anything else on the market.

Only falters when you try to run intel based software in my experience but could also be optimized for that in the future. 

Edited by Vini
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
6 hours ago, roflpwnedz said:

My friend got an M2 Macbook. What a headache. Can't do shit on it 

I have the M1 Max 32 cores/64g of ram. I get insane battery life, even with After Effects projects with 20+ layers, and it slice n’ dices 4/5/6 even 8K raw clips with ease via Premiere. I have yet to hear a fan of any kind and the laptop never feels hot. But…a PC with a high-end GPU (but desktop version) will outperform it with 3D programs like Cinema 4D. 

• Like 1