Anyone got that Apple M1?

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I have the M1 Max 32 cores/64g of ram. I get insane battery life, even with After Effects projects with 20+ layers, and it slice n’ dices 4/5/6 even 8K raw clips with ease via Premiere. I have yet to hear a fan of any kind and the laptop never feels hot. But…a PC with a high-end GPU (but desktop version) will outperform it with 3D programs like Cinema 4D. 

That sounds like what it was intended for. And thats what he said he wanted to do. Art, design stuff. Now he is asking me about other stuff like putting virtual machines and windows and linux and hacking and it seems because of the processor a lot of older things aren't supported.

1 hour ago, roflpwnedz said:

That sounds like what it was intended for. And thats what he said he wanted to do. Art, design stuff. Now he is asking me about other stuff like putting virtual machines and windows and linux and hacking and it seems because of the processor a lot of older things aren't supported.

Yeah, he should have stuck with PC.