Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Trump's "1776" Commission has published a report in which they attempt to excuse America having slavery, and tries to associate progressivm with fascism, and then ironically tries to promote the implementation of "patriotic education" in our schools.

Trump’s ‘1776 report’ defends America’s founding on the basis of slavery and blasts progressivism.

Michael Crowley
3-4 minutes

U.S.|Trump’s ‘1776 report’ defends America’s founding on the basis of slavery and blasts progressivism.

The Trump White House on Monday released the report of the presidential “1776 Commission,” a sweeping attack on liberal thought and activism that calls for a “patriotic education,” defends America’s founding on the basis of slavery and likens progressivism to fascism.

President Trump formed the commission in September, saying that American heritage was under assault by revolutionary fanatics and that the nation’s schools required a new “pro-American” curriculum.

Its report, released on Martin Luther King’s Birthday, denounces the charge that the American founders were hypocrites who preached equality even as they codified it in the Constitution and held slaves themselves. “This charge is untrue, and has done enormous damage, especially in recent years, with a devastating effect on our civic unity and social fabric,” it says.

The report argues that “distorted histories” of the United States “labor under the illusion that slavery was somehow a uniquely American evil,” and that the institution must “be seen in a much broader perspective,” including “the unfortunate fact” that slavery “has been more the rule than the exception throughout human history.”

“Historical revisionism that tramples honest scholarship and historical truth, shames Americans by highlighting only the sins of their ancestors, and teaches claims of systemic racism that can only be eliminated by more discrimination, is an ideology intended to manipulate opinions more than educate minds,” the report says.

The report is the product of the 18-member commission, which is chaired by Larry Arnn, a Trump ally and president of the conservative Hillsdale College. Other members include Charlie Kirk, a conservative activist, and Mr. Trump’s former domestic policy adviser, Brooke Rollins.

The document asserts that the civil rights movement evolved into “identity politics,” which it said “teaches that America itself is to blame for oppression.”

It also said that progressives had created a “fourth branch of government” or “shadow government” which operates with no checks or balances, and likened American liberals to the Italian fascist leader Benito Mussolini, who it said “sought to centralize power under the management of so-called experts.”

The commission and its report are in part a rebuke to The New York Times Magazine’s 1619 Project, which reframes American history around the consequences of slavery and the contributions of Black Americans. The report denounces the project, as did Mr. Trump in his September speech announcing the commission.

That's not a typo, he literally went out of his way to release this report on MLK Jr. day, a holiday when government offices are actually closed.

If you're dog is going crazy right now, that's because they're blowing the dog whistle like crazy right now.

21 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Slavery has been a rule more than exception throughout human history and is by no means an American institution, it's a human institution and still exists today.

That makes it ok then?

45 minutes ago, Voidler said:

That makes it ok then?

He didn't think that far ahead.

That's like him saying "y'know, if you look throughout history, men have raped women and have raped little girls before...."

1 hour ago, Voidler said:

That makes it ok then?

Who said it was ok? Alot of Americans have a particular retardation when it comes to slavery, this overriding attitude as if America is responsible for it.

It actually needs to be stated that we're not, because minds have become so historically bankrupt people need to be reminded.

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Who said it was ok? Alot of Americans have a particular retardation when it comes to slavery, this overriding attitude as if America is responsible for it.

It actually needs to be stated that we're not, because minds have become so historically bankrupt people need to be reminded.

No, there are Americans responsible for it.

They literally went to WAR and wanted to kill their fellow Americans and completely secede from the American union over it.

I'd say that, at that point...........they are being given an obvious choice to abandon slavery and be on the right side of history where they will be CELEBRATED for transitioning PEACEFULLY and giving black people their freedom.

Or they will chose to deny them their rights, even though there are clearly white people during the 1800's who are telling them "we must stop doing this, this is wrong."

They chose the latter. I'll repeat, again...............they HAD A CHOICE..........they CHOSE the latter.

Therefore they are deserving of scorn.

Edited by jehurey
21 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

For Nationalists you sure do like to look outside your own country when shrugging off your own issues :patpatpat:

• dead 1

Pope Paul III forbids slavery of the indigenous peoples of the Americas and any other population to be discovered, establishing their right to freedom and property (Sublimis Deus).[31]

Holy shit, the Catholic Church has the US beat on slavery by more than 300 years.

Peter the Great converts all house slaves into house serfs, effectively making slavery illegal in Russia.

Russia has us beat on slavery by more than 150 years.

An Act for the Gradual Abolition of Slavery passed, freeing future children of slaves. Those born prior to the Act remain enslaved for life. The Act becomes a model for other Northern states. Last slaves freed 1847.[59]

That was in 1780. So, in other words, we already had legislators in our newly formed American government that KNEW they had to start getting rid of slavery, and tried chopping away at it.

The northern states begin abolishing slavery within their own states:

Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court rules slavery unconstitutional, a decision based on the 1780 Massachusetts constitution. All slaves are immediately freed.[61]

New Hampshire Gradual abolition of slavery begins.

1784 Connecticut Gradual abolition of slavery, freeing future children of slaves, and later all slaves.[63]

Rhode Island Gradual abolition of slavery begins.

The United States in Congress Assembled passes the Northwest Ordinance of 1787, outlawing any new slavery in the Northwest Territories.

Almost 75 years the North United States abolished slavery..............and no wars broke out.

Funny, I don't see any Civil Wars breaking out within Britain and France, either, when they abolished it.

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Of course, you hate America and want the new liberal run education system to indoctrinate kids into thinking their country and has no reedeming qualities even if it means rewriting history.

you’re a clown.

Who said that?   Twinblade keeps arguing against points no one made. 

This guy keeps fighting against this imaginary Liberal Boogeyman that OAN and Fox keeps telling him is coming to turn America into Cuba 🇨🇺

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Who said that?   Twinblade keeps arguing against points no one made. 

This guy keeps fighting against this imaginary Liberal Boogeyman that OAN and Fox keeps telling him is coming to turn America into Cuba 🇨🇺

Twinkie = 🤡

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Of course, you hate America and want the new liberal run education system to indoctrinate kids into thinking their country and has no reedeming qualities even if it means rewriting history.

you’re a clown.

I love how mask off Trumpblade, Cucke, Dimi, and DynamiteCuckkk have gone in the last 24 hours. Losing their dear leader is tough. 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

you’re a clown.

The report is historically inaccurate and the PHD historians saying so have accurate books.  Why is being historically accurate a problem for you?

Edited by Substatic
1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I love how mask off Trumpblade, Cucke, Dimi, and DynamiteCuckkk have gone in the last 24 hours. Losing their dear leader is tough. 

I've seen a trend where if you don't agree with fascist ideologies that the republicans seem to be adapting, you hate america. LOL

Its not like I'm asking a hard question.

What other major countries had to fight themselves, in the form of a Civil War, over slavery of other people?

I'll wait for that list, and see if it isn't a nation that doesn't end with the letter "o."

3 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Alot of them are just about ready to explode with rage right now.

In the Dallas subreddit, somebody created a thread asking what other have been hearing through right-wing channels or from their family members or friends who are heavily steeped in right-wing channels right now.

Here are some of their responses:

My father is having an absolute shit fit at work this morning. He was CONVINCED that an insurrection was going to have happened by now. He threatened my sister and called her evil for not supporting the Capitol Terrorists. He said she shouldn't be around kids and is an idiot. (She has 2 daughters, fosters 3 other kids, has a masters in education and has won a few teacher of the year awards, he failed out of college.) She's not even a Democrat. She and I are both independents, just anti-Trump.

He is listening to right wing radio at full volume right now and is keeps telling people just wait, later today SOMETHING HAS to happen, his god wouldn't let Biden win. He actually thinks Trump is a Christian, a moral compass, and a smart businessman.

He has become such a disappointment as we get older.

azwethinkweizm/r/the_donald user   Lower Greenville 15 points 7 hours ago 

Had a patient tell me that tomorrow will be Obama's 4th term in office. Still trying to figure that one out

[–]EffYouLT   Little Peabottom 53 points 18 hours ago 

One of my neighbors passed along this garbage fever dream that a co-worker sent to her. W4WNl7K.jpg

The things these people come up with. 🙄

:whew::whew::whew::whew: that was was a doozy

I keep seeing my far right acquaintances posting a bizarre QAnon fantasy that Trump will declare martial law, that the troops surrounding the capitol will actually arrest the Congress and Hillary and begin secret trials.

Then I see the other half of far right bunker people warning of gas a grocery shortages. That the power grid will be attacked and we needed to ready for a a few rough weeks.

Some these same people flew from DFW to DC because they believed Trump was going to reveal Q as JFK Jr.