• Vini changed the title to Hitman 3 88 MC, 9 IGN
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This isn't a bad start at all can't wait to try this game on that XseX  

I had the one on GameCube.. Whatever that one was. Hitman 2. The first hitman2. Lol I fucking hate how devs name their games now, so fucking confusing.  

Sheep have to stream games cause the console cant run them LMFAO. Switchia 

I had the one on GameCube.. Whatever that one was. Hitman 2. The first hitman2. Lol I fucking hate how devs name their games now, so fucking confusing.  

Edited by Cooke (not admin cant help
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

I think this one is coming to cloud play on Switch. :wata3:

• Vini changed the title to Hitman 3 9 GS, 9 IGN, 88 MC. First BANGER of the year
14 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

In graphics mode?

Yes.   You're not getting gigabit speeds on your Switch even if you're on a wired connection. 

Nintendo has yet to updat the USB 3.0 port to actually run at USB 3.0 speeds to take advantage of a gigabit connection.  So even if you connect via LAN, its basically operating at USB 2.1 speeds. 

Switch isn't streaming at 4K so USB 2.1 speeds are just fine (they should still update it though).  So since the speeds are just fine, it comes down to the stability of your Wi-Fi connection.   LAN will always give you a more stable connection, so if you have spotty wifi, then LAN will be better for you. 

I do not have spotty wifi,  I have a wifi 6 connection with a wifi 6 router and most of my devices are wifi 6 compatible (except the Switch) which means my wifi can handle a ton of connections while maintaining a good bandwidth without being bogged down. 

So for now my wifi suffices.  I'm not getting a wired connection for the Switch until Nintendo pushes the USB 3.0 update for the 3.0 port on the dock. 

Edited by Goukosan
30 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yes.   You're not getting gigabit speeds on your Switch even if you're on a wired connection. 

Nintendo has yet to updat the USB 3.0 port to actually run at USB 3.0 speeds to take advantage of a gigabit connection.  So even if you connect via LAN, its basically operating at USB 2.1 speeds. 

Switch isn't streaming at 4K so USB 2.1 speeds are just fine (they should still update it though).  So since the speeds are just fine, it comes down to the stability of your Wi-Fi connection.   LAN will always give you a more stable connection, so if you have spotty wifi, then LAN will be better for you. 

I do not have spotty wifi,  I have a wifi 6 connection with a wifi 6 router and most of my devices are wifi 6 compatible (except the Switch) which means my wifi can handle a ton of connections while maintaining a good bandwidth without being bogged down. 

So for now my wifi suffices.  I'm not getting a wired connection for the Switch until Nintendo pushes the USB 3.0 update for the 3.0 port on the dock. 

I see. Well control runs great wired for me in both modes. Too unstable with Wi-Fi. 

I had heard that Hitman 2 had a way to bring in the levels from hitman 1, and even read that it was the preferred way of playing through those Hitman 1 levels because of certain gameplay improvements, almost like as if it was a new way to play the game?

If I haven't played any of the Hitman games? I think I may own Hitman 1, but not Hitman 2.

But what would be the optimal way to play those games? Hitman 1 levels as they were originally designed?

Or Hitman 1 levels transferred into Hitman 2?

Or maybe I should wait for the inevitable Hitman trilogy the combines everything?

34 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I had heard that Hitman 2 had a way to bring in the levels from hitman 1, and even read that it was the preferred way of playing through those Hitman 1 levels because of certain gameplay improvements, almost like as if it was a new way to play the game?

Correct. Hitman 2 had an Access Pass that brought Hitman 1 levels into Hitman 2 and allowed you to use new game mechanics on those maps as well as have some more content through extra missions and elusive targets. It was a fairly decent addition and definitely the better way to play Hitman 1 maps once the game stopped getting additional support.

59 minutes ago, jehurey said:

If I haven't played any of the Hitman games? I think I may own Hitman 1, but not Hitman 2.

But what would be the optimal way to play those games? Hitman 1 levels as they were originally designed?

Or Hitman 1 levels transferred into Hitman 2?

The big reason I would avoid Hitman 1 is that there's no progress transfer from Hitman 1 to Hitman 2 or to Hitman 3. What you do in Hitman 1 stays in Hitman 1. If you buy Hitman 2, purchase the Hitman 1 Access Pass for Hitman 2 (its free if you own Hitman 1 already), and play the Hitman 1 levels within Hitman 2, then that progress can be carried over to Hitman 3 should you purchase it down the line.

59 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Or maybe I should wait for the inevitable Hitman trilogy the combines everything?

I don't think they combined anything for Hitman 2, you just had to purchase the Hitman 1 Access Pass and it went on sale pretty frequently. They'll probably bundle it at some point since this is supposed to be the end of the trilogy, but it might not happen.

Unless you already own Hitman 1 on EGS, I'd either wait for a bundle or buy Hitman 3 before the end of January. You can't transfer licenses from Steam to EGS, but they're giving the Hitman 1 Access Pass away for free for Hitman 3 purchases and the Hitman 2 Access Pass will be 80% until February 3rd. After that it's going to be a mess of having to re-buy Hitman 1 on EGS to get those levels in Hitman 2 or 3, but you can't buy Hitman 2 on EGS and it's full price on Steam.

Just a clusterfuck.

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

LMAO playing this on switch.

I mean, Control on Switch had ray tracing... something the base consoles couldn't muster. 

So if it's solely about graphic fidelity as you claim then playing Control at 1080p with Ray tracing should be a great way to play it no?