Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Inauguration is over

5 hours ago, -GD-X said:

We’re still working on the SW stimulus deal. 

You notice certain people who immediately want to close this place?

You already know there's going to be more Trump-related stuff happening for the next few weeks.

These people got 4 years to talk their shit at "da libs"

And look at them cry these past 2 months since the election.

23 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You notice certain people who immediately want to close this place?

You already know there's going to be more Trump-related stuff happening for the next few weeks.

These people got 4 years to talk their shit at "da libs"

And look at them cry these past 2 months since the election.

well, alphy and i spoke about it. the dedicated thread on the main board isn't happening. so, we are trying to figure out what's the best way to go about this. we get it that gaming is slow and most of you enjoy "politics wars". but man, nobody is following the rules. practically every mod steers clear of this board (not surprised tbh). we are throwing around the idea of pushing the "club" feature. that way, there can be biden, maga, libs suck, conservatives suc, etc clubs and they are regulated by the users in them. 

6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

well, alphy and i spoke about it. the dedicated thread on the main board isn't happening. so, we are trying to figure out what's the best way to go about this. we get it that gaming is slow and most of you enjoy "politics wars". but man, nobody is following the rules. practically every mod steers clear of this board (not surprised tbh). we are throwing around the idea of pushing the "club" feature. that way, there can be biden, maga, libs suck, conservatives suc, etc clubs and they are regulated by the users in them. 

:ben:

17 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Isn't Ike a mod? He's in here consistently. At least make gako a mod. 

28 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

ya, he and tb are the only mods who go in there. 

The flaming now is kind of a bit much, but that's because of 4 years of listening to the MAGA drivel + the ignorant Covid19 posts for the last 11 months. So right now it's a little victory lap. 

But as Ike pointed out, the Biden years will most definitely be back to normalcy and wouldn't have 1/1000th of the scandals and controversies that the Trump admin had. 

In a month or two this board will calm down. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

I think hot sauce was on the money when he mentioned just how much hate people are garnering for each other as a result of differing political views. When we just focused on gaming discussion people had their opinions but they flamed each other for fun, or 'ownage' or whatever. But people have legit grudges against each other as a result of the political arguments. Its toxic af and I think its affecting how we view each other even when it comes to opinions on gaming and other topics in general.

12 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I think hot sauce was on the money when he mentioned just how much hate people are garnering for each other as a result of differing political views. When we just focused on gaming discussion people had their opinions but they flamed each other for fun, or 'ownage' or whatever. But people have legit grudges against each other as a result of the political arguments. Its toxic af and I think its affecting how we view each other even when it comes to opinions on gaming and other topics in general.

very true. i'd like to see this place go back to its gaming roots. 

18 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Not different political views. Just weird alternate reality stuff and mega trolling that the Trump era brought in. Typically that kind of behavior gets you bashed anywhere.

With Trump gone, the cultism will die down and forums like this will get back to normal. Hopefully.

Edited by Substatic
20 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Not different political views. Just weird alternate reality stuff and mega trolling that the Trump era brought in. Typically that kind of behavior gets you bashed anywhere.

With Trump gone, the cultism will die down and forums like this will get back to normal. Hopefully.

Facts

35 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Interesting that you didn't notice this for the last 4 years but coincidently now it's an issue? lmfao.