XBL Gold now $120/year, $60/6 months

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/01/22/update-on-xbox-live-gold-pricing/

this is utter insanity, double the price of PSN for zero exclusives, no call of duty exclusives, a worse service, shittier free games every month, and the kicker:

PC GAMERS STILL GET XBOX LIVE FOR FREE + ALL XBOX EXCLUSIVES! :D 

subscription prices won't go up for existing users, but there is no 12-month option for new users. the new 59.99 option nets you only 6 months instead of 12...

Microsoft is officially dead. PSN will continue to destroy XBL. Now lets just hope sony doesn't take a hint from MS and fuck us too. Fucking microsoft is the plague of gaming.

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

I paid $35 for my year of PS Plus. :hest:

i just nabbed 2 years for $64 off cdkeys a while back. :D 

And to think, PSN is now more reliable, gives better free games every month, and actually gets exclusives. oh, also the home of competitive e-sports like COD, and street fighter too.

This is unfathomable. MS just railed their console customers in the ass once again to pay for their PC endeavours. hermits thank the lemmings, they pay double so you can play for free.

OMFG:rofl:

5 minutes ago, Bodycount N.S said:

i just nabbed 2 years for $64 off cdkeys a while back. :D 

And to think, PSN is now more reliable, gives better free games every month, and actually gets exclusives. oh, also the home of competitive e-sports like COD, and street fighter too.

This is unfathomable. MS just railed their console customers in the ass once again to pay for their PC endeavours. hermits thank the lemmings, they pay double so you can play for free.

OMFG:rofl:

That PS4 legacy titles on PS5 is a pretty awesome deal and hopefully they keep updating it. I want to play Tsushima. 

8 minutes ago, Ike said:

That PS4 legacy titles on PS5 is a pretty awesome deal and hopefully they keep updating it. I want to play Tsushima. 

yup it was instantly better than gamepass, they gave you 30 real games and they were all AAA and good, all upfront when you buy the console.

i'd rather that careful curation from Sony than 500+ titles worth of indie junk/MS first party games you'd never play in gamepass.

Like if I listed all the free games that I have accumulated through PSN+ from the past few years, it would probably be around 200 games, spanning 3 consoles and the Vita.

And those games don't "cycle out" like Gamepass does.

If they did this to XBL Gold, making it $10 a month. And they gave absolutely no warning of the incoming price rate increase, they're going to do it with Gamepass. Remember the whole advertising of GamePass Ultimate is that it includes XBL Gold, and if that now cost $10 per month, then Xbox GamePass and PC Gamepass is probably another $10 on top of that.

Get ready for an increase to $20 a month.

Edited by jehurey