PSVita.... a story of not investing in something.....

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think its the right time for Sony to make a successor. A handheld with near PS4 level visuals would be crazy, and I think the market is ready for it.

I love my vita more than my switch, it feels right, right size, right games, seriously impressed even after years of owning it,  I still love monkeyball. I wish Sony didnt give up on it...serious

i'm with you on that, the thing was dragged through the mud for having no games for years, and really got destroyed preemptively by the media. having just got one recently, it's impressive.  

i'm with you on that, the thing was dragged through the mud for having no games for years, and really got destroyed preemptively by the media. having just got one recently, it's impressive.

the touch screens (front and back) are extremely good. it's actually better than the switch's touchscreen. The thing also has netflix (albeit an old, antiquated version of it from years ago). But it's there and it works. Switch doesn't even have netflix yet.

amazing piece of tech that still holds up 10 years later.

The game selection is also incredible if you like japanese games. Have just started collecting for it, but the prices are all going up now. Going to get all the good stuff before it's gone, this thing will be a collector's console soon guaranteed, up there with the Dreamcast. The vita versions of games bring in like 3x the price as the PS4/PS3, and the system's best games like P4 Golden, odin sphere, muramasa and more are already going for $100+ easily. Get what you can now, because it'll all be gone soon.

Edited by Bodycount N.S
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Sony didn't even try to be honest. They just sent it out to die from jump. 

only partly true, the thing has a dedicated AAA uncharted, resistance, killzone, the best little big planet game, tearaway tailor made for it, and a ton others. It had more 1st party bangers in year one than Xbox one had all gen.

this console got destroyed by the media because it didn't have western AAA games made for it, that's it. The Japanese game selection is incredible though they'd be considered niche here.

dumb. I probably play my Vita more than my PS4/5 lol

Edited by Bodycount N.S
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Bodycount N.S said:

the touch screens (front and back) are extremely good. it's actually better than the switch's touchscreen. The thing also has netflix (albeit an old, antiquated version of it from years ago). But it's there and it works. Switch doesn't even have netflix yet.

The game selection is also incredible if you like japanese games. Have just started collecting for it, but the prices are all going up now. Going to get all the good stuff before it's gone, this thing will be a collector's console soon guaranteed, up there with the Dreamcast. The vita versions of games bring in like 3x the price as the PS4/PS3, and the system's best games like P4 Golden, odin sphere, muramasa and more are already going for $100+ easily. Get what you can now, because it'll all be gone soon.

indeed 🙂 its a great piece of kit.....they should rerelase it..games £9.99 each...not used netflix  on it...youtube wasnt too bad.

2 minutes ago, Bodycount N.S said:

a lot of the cool features are dead though sadly. Youtube was also taken offline. The netflix app looks like the version from 2007 rofl

i connected via the browser..switch needs to be vitas size...vita was the perfect handheld 🙂

6 minutes ago, PuNKy_LeMmInG said:

i connected via the browser..switch needs to be vitas size...vita was the perfect handheld 🙂

yeah the standard switch is a bit too big. the switch lite is a good size but it feels completely barebones in comparison, and strips all of the cool features away from the switch.

vita feels way more premium than switch lite.

23 minutes ago, Bodycount N.S said:

no its screen is definitely not better. and the netflix doesn't even work anymore. 

5 minutes ago, Bodycount N.S said:

yeah the standard switch is a bit too big. the switch lite is a good size but it feels completely barebones in comparison, and strips all of the cool features away from the switch.

to be fair the switch is designed so you can just plop it somewhere and play with other people around you. If the screen were smaller you wouldn't be able to see much when playing that way.

21 minutes ago, Bodycount N.S said:

only partly true, the thing has a dedicated AAA uncharted, resistance, killzone, the best little big planet game, tearaway tailor made for it, and a ton others. It had more 1st party bangers in year one than Xbox one had all gen.

this console got destroyed by the media because it didn't have western AAA games made for it, that's it. The Japanese game selection is incredible though they'd be considered niche here.

dumb. I probably play my Vita more than my PS4/5 lol

Looking nearly unidentifiable from the PSP from 3 feet away, naming it the PSP Vita, and not pushing this as entirely a new thing was a shot in the foot. 

It's the same with the WiiU, except the Wii U at least catches your attention for a few seconds. 

8 minutes ago, Bodycount N.S said:

what you said vita is premium 🙂 

1 minute ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Looking nearly unidentifiable from the PSP from 3 feet away, naming it the PSP Vita, and not pushing this as entirely a new thing was a shot in the foot. 

It's the same with the WiiU, except the Wii U at least catches your attention for a few seconds. 

they couldnt change the design too much, was a pretty good shape tbo

4 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

no its screen is definitely not better. and the netflix doesn't even work anymore. 

netflix still works it just sucks. and yeah the screen rez is lower than switch, but vita games really do make use of the touchscreen functions way more often, and there's two of them front and back.