2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I wish more people had played this little gem, its easily among my favorite JRPGs

I will someday go on a PSP binge, the only game I tried on it was FF7 zacko story and it was boring. 

I looked this one up and it looks meh  as well, what's good about it? The story? characters? combat? the english voice over is trash judging by the first 10 min lol

46 minutes ago, kazpunk said:

I will someday go on a PSP binge, the only game I tried on it was FF7 zacko story and it was boring. 

I looked this one up and it looks meh  as well, what's good about it? The story? characters? combat? the english voice over is trash judging by the first 10 min lol

I played the original GBA version, they only added voice acting in the PSP one. But its just a really fast paced and engaging game, the story is constantly pushing you forward and theres virtually no filler which is surprising for a modern JRPG. The combat is also really cool. Your weapons have a durability and break over time (not unlick BOTW) but that type of design makes way more sense in a turn based game like this than it did there.

I can't speak as to how well it aged but when I played it at release it was a hell of a little gem.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I played the original GBA version, they only added voice acting in the PSP one. But its just a really fast paced and engaging game, the story is constantly pushing you forward and theres virtually no filler which is surprising for a modern JRPG. The combat is also really cool. Your weapons have a durability and break over time (not unlick BOTW) but that type of design makes way more sense in a turn based game like this than it did there.

I can't speak as to how well it aged but when I played it at release it was a hell of a little gem.

I don’t remember very much but it was great. It’s pretty amazing what they were able to achieve with such a tiny budget and constant reuses of content

• 2 weeks later...