Getting my COVID vaccine shot in 3 days

23 hours ago, Ike said:

No, still mask and socially distance but the 1 dose is only 45% effective until you get the second dose which puts it to that 90-95% effective range. I thought Russia was using their own vaccine though. Weren't they the first nation to announce they had a vaccine way back in August?

I think all vaccines are using similar two vector technology therefore the two shots. Basically all vaccine creators came to similar tech and conclusions it seems. 

Sputnik V vaccine

HOW ADENOVIRAL VECTOR-BASED VACCINES WORK

“Vectors” are vehicles, which can induce a genetic material from another virus into a cell. The gene from adenovirus, which causes the infection, is removed while a gene with the code of a protein from another virus spike is inserted. This inserted element is safe for the body but still helps the immune system to react and produce antibodies, which protect us from the infection.

The technological platform of adenovirus-based vectors makes it easier and faster to create new vaccines through modifying the initial carrier vector with genetic material from new emerging viruses that helps to create new vaccines in relatively short time. Such vaccines provoke a strong response from a human immune system.

Human adenoviruses are considered as some of the easiest to engineer in this way and therefore they have become very popular as vectors

image.png

image.png

Edited by Team 2019
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man how many benefits do boomers deserve? Fucking scum privileged to the very end  On a more serious note, I've seen and heard of way too many people in their thirties dying of this shit and leav

If you would be so worried about long term effects you'd lose some weight  

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

12 hours passed zero side effects.

do they warn about immediate side effects in russia because it's some trash vaccine?

you can keep us posted with a regular update or just stop because you will be fine lol. long lasting side effects are more important rn because that's what we don't know about.

33 minutes ago, kazpunk said:

do they warn about immediate side effects in russia because it's some trash vaccine?

you can keep us posted with a regular update or just stop because you will be fine lol. long lasting side effects are more important rn because that's what we don't know about.

If you would be so worried about long term effects you'd lose some weight :| 

• Haha 1
  • dead 1
1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

If you would be so worried about long term effects you'd lose some weight :| 

If I'd lose some weight I'd be dead but okay :mjcry: 

2 hours ago, Vini said:

So how did it go Aza? 

Are you starting to feel loyalty to Chairman Xi yet?

https://www.thelocal.de/20210121/germany-offers-russia-support-in-sputnik-vaccine-development

Germany has offered Russia support in Moscow's development of its Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine, Chancellor Angela Merkel said Thursday.

The Paul Ehrlich Institute is Germany's medicine regulatory body.

"And if this vaccine is approved by the EMA, then we can talk about joint production or also about usage," Merkel said.

On 2021-01-28 at 9:36 PM, bhytre said:

Fatality :deadkoolaid:

yea, its funny tho, he thinks i'm fat, i'm skinny tho, if I lose weight i'm an anorexia case. :deader:   

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Delita said:

Damn. Now that someone competent is running things it’s nice to feel somewhat happy and proud at the outlook rather than disgust and embarrassment whenever the USA is involved in the subject of anything COVID related.

watch it. this is political baiting. i'll let it slide this time. but please, don't do it again.