The nVidia RTX 30xx video card supply situation is getting worse, not better.

Coming from retailers:

This is an update regarding your order for the EVGA Geforce RTX 3080
Gaming Graphics Card.

We were informed by the manufacturer that this item has been withdrawn
from production due to the lack of material supply to produce them, we
therefore have no other choice but to cancel this order.

In this case, EVGA is pulling the cheaper RTX 3080 models. Whatever 3080 GPUs they receive from nVidia, they will probably put them in their highest-end models to charge the most amount of money.

Taiwan just said that they will try and pressure TSMC into shifting their production lines to create products for the automotive industry, because apparently major car companies are running out of the semiconductor parts they use in their cars.

Which means that TSMC will have to take production away from other types of products.

12 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

I snagged a 3070 a few weeks back, glad I pulled the trigger when I did. It would appear the 3000/6000 series is dead, with this drought they'll no doubt move to the 4000/7000 series by the time this situation is correctable.

How will new cards make it any better? 

yeah, they're not going to introduce new architecture while people still want the existing Ampere architecture.

If, and its a big IF, nVidia can finally get their GPUs manufacturered on a smaller process node, then its the same architecture but it uses up less watts, they would call that a "product refresh", they wouldn't really call it the 4000 series.

I mean, they MIGHT call it the 4000 series......its happened before. Pascal is mostly just a shrunken Maxwell architecture with some little refinements, here and there. They get more performance per watt, bump up the price, and call it a new product.

But its actually the same thing.