SH composer may have just confirmed a new Silent Hill is in the works

In an interview with the YouTube channel AI Hub, Yamaoka appeared to speak about his latest work as a composer on The Medium. But when asked if there are any other projects he’s working on, Yamaoka responded that an announcement will likely happen this summer. What’s more, it could be a big one for fans.

“You’ll probably hear something this summer to be announced,” Yamaoka said via a translator before adding, “And I think it’s the one you’re kinda hoping to hear about.”

https://www.ign.com/articles/silent-composer-teases-new-project-fans-are-hoping-to-hear-about

Unless something was lost in translation, this 100% sounds like it could only be referring to Silent Hill.

Which would also explain why he phoned in The Medium's OST. Hes pouring all of his energy and creativity into a new SH :lawd:

• Sad 1

but it won't be original team silent that develops the game? i don't get it, the merican sh's had other composer too why would akira yamaoka suddenly make sh music again?  :| 

tbh, i dunno why some people want more silent hill, the dream is dead, the new ones all suck.

1 hour ago, kazpunk said:

but it won't be original team silent that develops the game? i don't get it, the merican sh's had other composer too why would akira yamaoka suddenly make sh music again?  :| 

tbh, i dunno why some people want more silent hill, the dream is dead, the new ones all suck.

If rumor is true its Sony Japan making it.

• Upvote 1