Persona 5 Strikers launch trailer - out now if you buy the digital deluxe edition

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finished it. That was epic af! I won’t say more because I don’t want to ruin anything.    Unlike the other persona games, there’s just one main ending, so don’t google how many jails there are.

ohhh.  I'll wait till next ween and get a hard copy then.    Let me know how it plays 

The story is really starting to go places. This game is awesome  

Posted Images

Theres actually A LOT to the game's combat. Each character has their own unique abilities and quirks and I was surprised to see that you get access to every character from P5 right from the start. Its kind of overwhelming how many mechanics and features the game dumps on you after just 2-3 hours but its still pretty neat.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Theres actually A LOT to the game's combat. Each character has their own unique abilities and quirks and I was surprised to see that you get access to every character from P5 right from the start. Its kind of overwhelming how many mechanics and features the game dumps on you after just 2-3 hours but its still pretty neat.

Yeah, the amount of depth is surprising. 

7 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I cleared the first main dungeon. That owned. 

i just did the part

Spoiler

Where you have to distract all the enemies so the characters can take out the spotlights and help you break into the castle. That whole sequence was really entertaining and well done.

31 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

i just did the part

Reveal hidden contents

Where you have to distract all the enemies so the characters can take out the spotlights and help you break into the castle. That whole sequence was really entertaining and well done.

Indeed! The second one is fun too! I’m super impressed by this game. 

50 minutes ago, Saucer said:

Do you need to play Persona 5 to understand the story in Strikers?  

They do a great job of filling in the gaps, but the story will have a stronger emotional resonance if you played 5. 

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

GD killing it :whew: I only now finished the first dungeon after dying like 2-3 times on its boss :D I suck at everything related to Persona.

Shit bro. The boss at the 3rd jail is a bitch. I’m stuck lol

My only gripe with this new combat system is that you can’t control each player’s move, at all times. In persona 5, I can make one person my healer. I can make others attack/dodge, accordingly. In this game, while you can “pass the baton”, your control is still limited. It works well, for the most part, considering how fast everything moves. However, I like the strategic pacing of traditional persona games. With the third boss, I have mofos dying and I feel like it’s out of my hands. I’m going to try some different approaches, like raising evasion/attack levels. 

6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

My only gripe with this new combat system is that you can’t control each player’s move, at all times. In persona 5, I can make one person my healer. I can make others attack/dodge, accordingly. In this game, while you can “pass the baton”, your control is still limited. It works well, for the most part, considering how fast everything moves. However, I like the strategic pacing of traditional persona games. With the third boss, I have mofos dying and I feel like it’s out of my hands. I’m going to try some different approaches, like raising evasion/attack levels. 

Theres no way to change party members mid battle either right? I do feel like the limited AI has been problematic for some battles. Also, the limited number of healing/revive items you can buy makes it harder to keep everyone alive.

48 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Theres no way to change party members mid battle either right? I do feel like the limited AI has been problematic for some battles. Also, the limited number of healing/revive items you can buy makes it harder to keep everyone alive.

Yup. It’s not much of an issue, early on. However, my current battle definitely shows the weaknesses of its hybrid style and lack of resources. 

16 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yup. It’s not much of an issue, early on. However, my current battle definitely shows the weaknesses of its hybrid style and lack of resources. 

I think im screwing myself because im trying to keep most of my party around the same level, which means swapping them out often outside of battle. As a result instead of having a few strong characters im left with a bunch of middle of the road ones.

12 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I think im screwing myself because im trying to keep most of my party around the same level, which means swapping them out often outside of battle. As a result instead of having a few strong characters im left with a bunch of middle of the road ones.

Yeah, I have 4 high leveled ones. I almost beat the third boss just now. I think I know what I have to do. 

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

One thing thats kind of annoying about the combat is sometimes you get hit by an attack that knocks you down and then all of a sudden another attack comes in while you're still in that animation and before you know it that character is dead. stuff like that feels cheap.

wait until the main boss in the 3rd jail. a lot of cheap shit. sure, it forces you to do A LOT of baton passing. like, i feel there's a lot of incentive to utilize all of the attack strategies. however, i was soooo close to killing the boss...and then bam, i was dead. 

edit** i have died 10 times since and won't touch it until next weekend. if i can't beat the boss, fuck it. i'll take the L.