Persona 5 Strikers launch trailer - out now if you buy the digital deluxe edition

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

wait until the main boss in the 3rd jail. a lot of cheap shit. sure, it forces you to do A LOT of baton passing. like, i feel there's a lot of incentive to utilize all of the attack strategies. however, i was soooo close to killing the boss...and then bam, i was dead. 

edit** i have died 10 times since and won't touch it until next weekend. if i can't beat the boss, fuck it. i'll take the L. 

Damn, if you're having trouble then im extra fucked. I did just breeze through the 2nd dungeon boss though, I actually found it to be an easier battle than the boss from the first one.

The baton pass doesn't seem that useful overall unfortunately. Yeah it helps build your showtime gauge but those attacks seem useless against bosses. I was taking off a sliver of this boss' health at most everytime I used one.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finished it. That was epic af! I won’t say more because I don’t want to ruin anything.    Unlike the other persona games, there’s just one main ending, so don’t google how many jails there are.

ohhh.  I'll wait till next ween and get a hard copy then.    Let me know how it plays 

The story is really starting to go places. This game is awesome  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Damn, if you're having trouble then im extra fucked. I did just breeze through the 2nd dungeon boss though, I actually found it to be an easier battle than the boss from the first one.

The baton pass doesn't seem that useful overall unfortunately. Yeah it helps build your showtime gauge but those attacks seem useless against bosses. I was taking off a sliver of this boss' health at most everytime I used one.

2 and 3 are easy,  except for 3’s boss. Maybe you’ll figure it out. Maybe I was tired too. 

Everything else about the game has really impressed me. Not that big of a spoiler but

Spoiler

The whole road trip theme with each of the dungeons being associated with a unique hub city in the real world with their own shops, storylines, quirks, etc is awesome. It has a sense of scale locations wise that you haven't seen in a Persona game before. Im actually hoping they use this as a base for P6 or whatever the game next game in the series is.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Everything else about the game has really impressed me. Not that big of a spoiler but

Hide contents

The whole road trip theme with each of the dungeons being associated with a unique hub city in the real world with their own shops, storylines, quirks, etc is awesome. It has a sense of scale locations wise that you haven't seen in a Persona game before. Im actually hoping they use this as a base for P6 or whatever the game next game in the series is.

Yeah, there are quite a few things I’d like to see carry over to the main games. 

i've been watching some vids on how to beat the main boss in the 3rd jail. it looks like i need to rank up a bit more. i guess i'll be doing some grinding  (i've been skipping every side quest, minus the ones for my teammates and to unlock new weapons/armor). 

Just now, Delita said:

Damn you guys weren’t kidding about it feeling like a sequel. Just started it and did the prologue and it felt right at home. Interested in getting farther into it tonight 

it only gets better bro. my one piece of advice - don't neglect the side quests or try to avoid every encounter. i'm under-leveled now. yeah, i got to the end of jail 3 super quickly, but now i'm fucked. i have to go back and do some grinding. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

i've been watching some vids on how to beat the main boss in the 3rd jail. it looks like i need to rank up a bit more. i guess i'll be doing some grinding  (i've been skipping every side quest, minus the ones for my teammates and to unlock new weapons/armor). 

i've done all of the sidequests except 1 so far, some of the rewards are very much worth it.

Also im not sure if you've noticed but when you cook a dish for the first time, you get a pretty big boost to your bond level. So its worth buying all the recipes and cooking everything at least once.

Just now, Twinblade said:

i've done all of the sidequests except 1 so far, some of the rewards are very much worth it.

Also im not sure if you've noticed but when you cook a dish for the first time, you get a pretty big boost to your bond level. So its worth cooking everything at least once.

yeah, i've skipped cooking too. i've only done it a few times. i give the game credit. they force you to utilize all of the features. i thought cooking would be some pointless gimmick. 

4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

it only gets better bro. my one piece of advice - don't neglect the side quests or try to avoid every encounter. i'm under-leveled now. yeah, i got to the end of jail 3 super quickly, but now i'm fucked. i have to go back and do some grinding. 

Thanks bro but I usually always do everything in a persona game so i had already planned on doing the side stuff

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Omg the boss in jail 3 was a piece of cake after I leveled up to 38 (saw some dude with that on YouTube). No wonder why I was getting raped.

Damn how much time did you spend grinding? I’m closing in on the boss and my strongest character is only lvl 29

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Damn how much time did you spend grinding? I’m closing in on the boss and my strongest character is only lvl 29

Oh my. I got my ass handed to me at 33. Hmm...make sure you have psy. A quick way to boost XP - replay the 2nd boss a few times. Lots of XP! But I didn’t grind too much. I mainly did a bunch of fights while doing the side quests. That also blew up my XP. I was very overpowered. Hell, I skipped all of the annoying parts of the boss :D I literally beat her in 4 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

So I got the game. Any tips before I start? 

here are the mistakes i've made: not cooking enough; skipping most of the side quests; skipping most battles, in general. Other tips: boost these bond skills ASAP - joker’s wild (should be your first one), phantom striker, spirit striker, and ambusher. 

• Upvote 1