Persona 5 Strikers launch trailer - out now if you buy the digital deluxe edition

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finished it. That was epic af! I won’t say more because I don’t want to ruin anything.    Unlike the other persona games, there’s just one main ending, so don’t google how many jails there are.

ohhh.  I'll wait till next ween and get a hard copy then.    Let me know how it plays 

The story is really starting to go places. This game is awesome  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Bondmaker should be the first skill anyone gets, since its going to instantly make leveling up and racking up more points easier.

true. bondmaker then joker's wild. i have a bunch of sick level 36-39 badass personas.

GD....bro....I beat that 3rd dungeon boss on my 2nd attempt without even breaking a sweat :ben: 

Spoiler

Party with Haru, Morgana, and Makoto (all level 32-33 except myself at 35). She had those wide area of effect attacks which was annoying, but not that hard to exploit. I and Haru had Psio skills which the boss was weak against, so whenever she was winding up to do that shockwave attack (which the dumb AI struggled to dodge) I would just hit her with one which stopped the animation. I was burning through SP pretty quickly as a result but I had a bunch of recovery items for it so I was able to keep up that strategy and little by little I whittled down her health until she was done.

I did have a bit of luck on my side though. She ate one of my party members right at the beginning of my first attempt, but on the 2nd try she didn't do that until halfway through (I think I didn't really give her a chance because of my constant weakpoint attacks).

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

GD....bro....I beat that 3rd dungeon boss on my 2nd attempt without even breaking a sweat :ben: 

Reveal hidden contents

Party with Haru, Morgana, and Makoto (all level 32-33 except myself at 35). She had those wide area of effect attacks which was annoying, but not that hard to exploit. I and Haru had Psio skills which the boss was weak against, so whenever she was winding up to do that shockwave attack (which the dumb AI struggled to dodge) I would just hit her with one which stopped the animation. I was burning through SP pretty quickly as a result but I had a bunch of recovery items for it so I was able to keep up that strategy and little by little I whittled down her health until she was done.

I did have a bit of luck on my side though. She ate one of my party members right at the beginning of my first attempt, but on the 2nd try she didn't do that until halfway through (I think I didn't really give her a chance because of my constant weakpoint attacks).

Yeah, she was easy af when I beat her, I mixed up 

Spoiler

Phys with psy, in my earlier tries :D whoops. I slaughtered her to the point she didn’t have time to do a single freeze move. So, I think “user error” was also partly to blame with my initial encounters. 

8 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

These warriors games are becoming really good when they mimic their main franchises, Persona, Dragon Quest, Zelda. All great stuff.

DQ Heroes games are barely tolerable and I never cared for Zelda. P5S looks like the first good one if you ask me.

Just now, Twinblade said:

The story is really starting to go places. This game is awesome :smoke: 

you must be where i'm at! yes! it's fucking ownage! like..i hoped for a good game. this is up there with 4g/5r for me, so far. the pacing is the best in the franchise, though. i hope some of these tweaks carry over to 6. 

12 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

you must be where i'm at! yes! it's fucking ownage! like..i hoped for a good game. this is up there with 4g/5r for me, so far. the pacing is the best in the franchise, though. i hope some of these tweaks carry over to 6. 

Honestly im enjoying it way more than OG P5, but i've already been explicit in the past about my disappointment with that game. Like you mentioned the pacing is one of the biggest reasons for that. I feel like in 19 hours theres already been more meaningful story progression than in my first 50 hours of P5.

24 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Honestly im enjoying it way more than OG P5, but i've already been explicit in the past about my disappointment with that game. Like you mentioned the pacing is one of the biggest reasons for that. I feel like in 19 hours theres already been more meaningful story progression than in my first 50 hours of P5.

no doubt. they trimmed off all of the fat. i think i've only done like an hour of grinding (i think i'm overpowered now too). 5r made it easy to shave off a crap load of time, but it's hard to recommend to someone who didn't exactly love 5. 

Also, i haven't heard being said so ill just say it now

FUCK the PC version. Seriously. Its crashed several times already and I lost a bunch of progress this last time. These japanese devs need to start adding in auto saves if they're gonna half ass their PC ports.