Persona 5 Strikers launch trailer - out now if you buy the digital deluxe edition

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finished it. That was epic af! I won’t say more because I don’t want to ruin anything.    Unlike the other persona games, there’s just one main ending, so don’t google how many jails there are.

ohhh.  I'll wait till next ween and get a hard copy then.    Let me know how it plays 

The story is really starting to go places. This game is awesome  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

I don't know what's going on with the boot up.

Game seems to work fine now anyway, graphics looks real sharp on PC but there's no anti aliasing option the community already made a fix for that though. It's good to be back to P5 world.

No, I knew it was buggy but with PC you never know, some people might have the same setup as you do and experience totally different issues. I was just hoping that everything would go smoothly, I certainly didn't expect it to fuck up right at the start. lmao

PC master race indeed 😂🤣

22 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

where are you? 

Spoiler

Just did the Konoe boss fight. I like how they try to sort of trick you into thinking thats the final boss by making it a 2 phase battle, but theres clearly more shit about about to happen in the story.

• aitch 1
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

Just did the Konoe boss fight. I like how they try to sort of trick you into thinking thats the final boss by making it a 2 phase battle, but theres clearly more shit about about to happen in the story.

Spoiler

you are in for a treat! 

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

Everything about this game is great, except the stupid combat.

If it was turn based it would be a proper sequel.

the combat is amazing, once you get used to the flow. i love how you get your ass handed to you if only use melee (later levels). 

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Fuck that, after 110 hours of the base game I definitely did not want more of its combat.

Still way better than this trash.

16 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Still way better than this trash.

how far are you?  because i had blast with baton pass-chains (which trigger showtimes), taking advantage of each member's persona skills, and attacking/dodging while using melee/environmental attacks. by the end of the game, the OG persona games felt pretty slow, in comparison. both have their pros/cons, yet this version still feels very persona-esque....unless you aren't it playing it properly. 

5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

how far are you?  because i had blast with baton pass-chains (which trigger showtimes), taking advantage of each member's persona skills, and attacking/dodging while using melee/environmental attacks. by the end of the game, the OG persona games feel pretty slow, in comparison. both have their pros/cons, yet this version still feels very persona-esque....unless you aren't it playing it properly. 

Getting close to finishing the first palace, I think.

Just now, Ramza said:

Getting close to finishing the first palace, I think.

no wonder. it will feel a lot more like a persona game later into it, especially when you start creating badass personas and unlocking bond perks. 

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

no wonder. it will feel a lot more like a persona game later into it, especially when you start creating badass personas and unlocking bond perks. 

Yeah theres a lot to the combat even if it seems simple on the surface. My favorite move is the counterattack you get after dodging at the right moment. So satisfying, especially when it downs an enemy and you can do an all out attack afterwards.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah theres a lot to the combat even if it seems simple on the surface. My favorite move is the counterattack you get after dodging at the right moment. So satisfying, especially when it downs an enemy and you can do an all out attack afterwards.

Yasssss!

15 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I beat the first boss. I am warming up to the game for sure.

There's ton of things I like about the combat system, in or out, it's just the core combat I don't really like, the feel of attacking or dodging feels wrong.

All the features like casting spells, exploiting enemies elemental weakness, baton passes, using the environment, all out attacks, etc are fine. It's a good system.

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I beat the first boss. I am warming up to the game for sure.

There's ton of things I like about the combat system, in or out, it's just the core combat I don't really like, the feel of attacking or dodging feels wrong.

All the features like casting spells, exploiting enemies elemental weakness, baton passes, using the environment, all out attacks, etc are fine. It's a good system.

i felt the same way about the attacks/dodge, at first. but then i got used to it, and it worked nicely for me. it will never play as well, in this regard, like a top tier action game. however, it's pretty well done for a jrpg. 

Just finished it. 

The story was really entertaining, especially the twists towards the climax. A few I did see coming honestly, but its still good stuff overall. I got the impression (especially from previews/reviews) that this was really just a side story, but those claims are pretty inaccurate and don't do it justice overall. The stakes get really high and its genuinely loaded with epic moments that would be befitting of any standard Persona game.

The gameplay as mentioned was also fun, the combat can be mashy at times but the mechanics are satisfying and the special attacks/moves feel good to pull off.

in terms of gameplay design, I think this is one of the biggest changes so ill hide my impressions of it.

Spoiler

The whole road tripe vibe and traveling to different cities, each with their own unique dungeon was great. But its also one of the areas where theres a lot of room for expansion. While seeing the new cities was cool, after you do an initial run through of them (buying all the items you need including recipes, ingredients, etc) theres really nothing else to see or discover. There are a few requests that take advantage of the cities and involve completing tasks for the different characters but they are few and far in between. I actually think there should have been more of these requests, and less of the ones that make you return to the dungeons to take out specific personas or collect a specific number of items. Those get repetitive fast.

I think the lack of social links or anything to replace them is also part of the problem. But this is a tough thing to address because original P5 already did the job of fleshing out the characters and their backstories with its social links, so whatever they tried would probably feel like a retread of those ideas.

If they can improve on the content and variety outside of the actual dungeons/combat in another similar spin off, then that'll make a great game even better. Still, given the Dynasty Warriors pedigree this game is far better than it had any right to be :D props to Atlus and Koei Tecmo for managing to pull off such a weird hybrid of 2 very different genres and franchises.

Anyone who likes P5 definitely needs to get in on this. Shit If ill be honest I enjoyed this quite a bit more than OG P5 :lul: 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Just finished it. 

The story was really entertaining, especially the twists towards the climax. A few I did see coming honestly, but its still good stuff overall. I got the impression (especially from previews/reviews) that this was really just a side story, but those claims are pretty inaccurate and don't do it justice overall. The stakes get really high and its genuinely loaded with epic moments that would be befitting of any standard Persona game.

The gameplay as mentioned was also fun, the combat can be mashy at times but the mechanics are satisfying and the special attacks/moves feel good to pull off.

in terms of gameplay design, I think this is one of the biggest changes so ill hide my impressions of it.

Hide contents

The whole road tripe vibe and traveling to different cities, each with their own unique dungeon was great. But its also one of the areas where theres a lot of room for expansion. While seeing the new cities was cool, after you do an initial run through of them (buying all the items you need including recipes, ingredients, etc) theres really nothing else to see or discover. There are a few requests that take advantage of the cities and involve completing tasks for the different characters but they are few and far in between. I actually think there should have been more of these requests, and less of the ones that make you return to the dungeons to take out specific personas or collect a specific number of items. Those get repetitive fast.

I think the lack of social links or anything to replace them is also part of the problem. But this is a tough thing to address because original P5 already did the job of fleshing out the characters and their backstories with its social links, so whatever they tried would probably feel like a retread of those ideas.

If they can improve on the content and variety outside of the actual dungeons/combat in another similar spin off, then that'll make a great game even better. Still, given the Dynasty Warriors pedigree this game is far better than it had any right to be :D props to Atlus and Koei Tecmo for managing to pull off such a weird hybrid of 2 very different genres and franchises.

Anyone who likes P5 definitely needs to get in on this. Shit If ill be honest I enjoyed this quite a bit more than OG P5 :lul: 

Excellent review!