Bloodlines 2 delayed to 2022....but heres the bigger piece of news - The ENTIRE dev studio has been replaced

• Twinblade★ changed the title to Bloodlines 2 delayed to 2022....but heres the bigger piece of news - The ENTIRE dev studio has been replaced

Theres some crazy controversy surrounding this game. Apparently it had a TON of political stuff in it that was off-putting to some people, and could be part of the reason why they fired Mitsoda.

Saw this snippet of one of the characters on GAF

juNoDxTl.png

The underlying messages here are impossible to ignore honestly. They definitely seemed to be going too far with this stuff.

• Haha 1
On 2021-02-23 at 3:41 PM, Twinblade said:

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Delayed Again, Lead Developers Replaced - GameSpot

WTF is going on with this game :| 

This was one of my most anticipated titles, but then its just been bad news after bad news. I don't even think its going to come out at this rate, let alone be any good even if it does.

Of course it won't come out or it will be something else.

Hell look at Anthem. It went through so many managerial changes that the final game was a disaster.

Now imagine getting your entire developing team replaced.

Goodbye game.

10 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Theres some crazy controversy surrounding this game. Apparently it had a TON of political stuff in it that was off-putting to some people, and could be part of the reason why they fired Mitsoda.

juNoDxTl.png

The underlying messages here are impossible to ignore honestly. They definitely seemed to be going too far with this stuff.

Backstory and character motivation are terrible things to put in a story. 

11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

juNoDxTl.png

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

dear lord.....

qIHyYgc.png

can't confirm if this is real (i got it from gaf) but if it is, then they really just need to can the game or overhaul it. This writing is beyond horrid in every way. WTF happened to Brian Mitsoda.

I mean, that's how I'd expect a self-righteous antifa group to sound. :D

I don't see a problem with having something like in the game and giving the player the choice to ally with them or not, but I imagine that's not the angle they're going for and the group exists to virtue signal.

Intricate vampire lore and world building elements has been replaced by actual real life politics about race, sexual orientation and gender. :D 

At least incorporate your political message in a more subtle manner. This is trash.

• 1 month later...

Well it gets worse 

rumor is (according to resetera) they’re re-doing the game from SCRATCH. Including scrapping all of the writing. The release date is now 2023 at the earliest.

:|  

I hope one day we will get the full story regarding the game’s development

35 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Well it gets worse 

rumor is (according to resetera) they’re re-doing the game from SCRATCH. Including scrapping all of the writing. The release date is now 2023 at the earliest.

:|  

I hope one day we will get the full story regarding the game’s development

The game looked somewhat promising too. :( 

The game was going to be abused for the maximum SJW garbage by the former dev team. I'm so glad they are all gone and I hope a passionate dev team will take their place and start the game right this time.

just look at those monsters :D  how anyone tries to defend them or is sad over their failure is beyond me.

sm.02.750.jpg

SJW FREAKS :puke: 

Edited by kaz