It's a pity Switch has such weak multiplat support

It's not that the hardware can't "handle" many of these games, it's just that it makes little finacial sense for companies. Stuff like Doom, Witcher and even Outer Worlds literally took a seperate team working for 6-18 months to port the games. While Tomb Raider was ported from XBox to PS4 within 2 weeks with 3 graphics and performance profiles.

Same will go for the Super Switch sadly. I guess expensive ass carts with small sizes just can't compete with 100 gig Blu Rays that cost pennies to make.

Edited by Team 2019

Planning those types of games by third-parties, and the platforms that they are going to be putting their game out, is decided very early on in development.

None of them had any idea, half way through 2017, that the Switch was going to be so huge that they had to plan ports of their games to it.

The first multiplat, like true multiplat where the developer decided to test the waters, was probably Skyrim. And that came out on November 2017, and they probably had to wait until early 2018 sales results to realize that investing in ports for the Switch is lucrative.

Also, there may have been a limiting factor with whom you can get to do the port job of your multiplat to put it on Switch. Its 2018, and the developer is probably underway on working on another game so that they can release it before the PS4/XBO gen ends. They don't have time to make a Switch port in-house.

This article explains that the port houses were quickly inundated with tons of work, and they had the luxury of picking and choosing what games they wanted to port.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/314795/How_Switchs_success_is_impacting_devs_in_the_game_porting_biz.php

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

Planning those types of games by third-parties, and the platforms that they are going to be putting their game out, is decided very early on in development.

None of them had any idea, half way through 2017, that the Switch was going to be so huge that they had to plan ports of their games to it.

The first multiplat, like true multiplat where the developer decided to test the waters, was probably Skyrim. And that came out on November 2017, and they probably had to wait until early 2018 sales results to realize that investing in ports for the Switch is lucrative.

Also, there may have been a limiting factor with whom you can get to do the port job of your multiplat to put it on Switch. Its 2018, and the developer is probably underway on working on another game so that they can release it before the PS4/XBO gen ends. They don't have time to make a Switch port in-house.

This article explains that the port houses were quickly inundated with tons of work, and they had the luxury of picking and choosing what games they wanted to port.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/314795/How_Switchs_success_is_impacting_devs_in_the_game_porting_biz.php

I'm all for more multiplats for Switch, but I don't think anyone will make Super Switch exclusives due to low userbase.

10 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

It's not that the hardware can't "handle" many of these games, it's just that it makes little finacial sense for companies. Stuff like Doom, Witcher and even Outer Worlds literally took a seperate team working for 6-18 months to port the games. While Tomb Raider was ported from XBox to PS4 within 2 weeks with 3 graphics and performance profiles.

Same will go for the Super Switch sadly. I guess expensive ass carts with small sizes just can't compete with 100 gig Blu Rays that cost pennies to make.

There are tons of Switch multiplats that are day 1 releases..... now what? 

20 hours ago, JonbX said:

The 3rd party support on Switch and basically all nintendo consoles is trash. Always a secondary console. Always.

yeah, i haven't treated a nintendo platform as a primary one since....i can't remember. the GC was pretty awesome, and got a lot of multiplats. 

3 minutes ago, kazpunk said:

imagine playing doom or godcher 3 on fucking switch :mj: 

it would be like playing the snes version of doom. holy fuck was that terrible! :mj:  my dad was a hermit, so i got to enjoy the perks of pc gaming back then.