Sony State of Play - Starts at 2pm PST/5pm EST

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kena looks so friggin good. Better every time they show it.

i miss e3  

In all seriousness, it was a boring show but there are gonna be some bangers from that showcase. Returnal, Kena and Deathloop are gonna be great. I think Solar Ash is gonna be excellent and

i never played ff7. it looks glorious on the ps5. i guess i'll be getting this. and yeah, i think deathloop can be good. 

show rating: 5/10

no "wow" surprises. half of the games were garbo. its biggest game was an update/expansion. 

Can't believe Sony just launched a new console, but has nothing for the first half of this year beside a $70 roguelike, ports, and a bunch of multiplats. They could have at least showed a freaking Horizon teaser or something, or more of Ratchet. That game is probably going to be delayed it seems.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Can't believe Sony just launched a new console, but has nothing for the first half of this year beside a $70 roguelike, ports, and a bunch of multiplats. They could have at least showed a freaking Horizon teaser or something, or more of Ratchet. That game is probably going to be delayed it seems.

word! 

Just now, JonbX said:

Its probably gonna be a rough year for all platforms. Hell, you cant even buy a new console or video card. Last years Covid shenanigans probably really fucked game development.

yup. it may be the year of multiplats and hidden gems. not a lot of big releases.

Crazy there wasn't even Ratchet, let alone Horizon. 

Revealing TLOU2, GoW and DS so early and having only that to show for 3 years has really scarred them lol. They are literally only focusing on their next first party release at any one time now (which is Returnal), much like Nintendo do after they announce stuff. 

13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Isn't Ratchet slated for June?..

I'm sure there's a other state of play before then.  Don't know why you guys always expect every show to show everything.  Especially the first show of the year. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

Crazy there wasn't even Ratchet, let alone Horizon. 

Revealing TLOU2, GoW and DS so early and having only that to show for 3 years has really scarred them lol. They are literally only focusing on their next first party release at any one time now (which is Returnal), much like Nintendo do after they announce stuff. 

returnal will own....once it gets that price drop. a dark , atmospheric rogue-like game sounds intriguing. how's ff7? 

Just now, Goukosan said:

I'm sure there's a other state of play before then.  Don't know why you guys always expect every show to show everything.  Especially the first show of the year. 

i think one big game would have been nice. but yeah, ratchet drops june 11. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

Yeah these state of plays are simply never going to be close to an E3 showcase because you can just hve 4/5 of them in a year and just show small snippets of the upcoming 3 months.

This is the new standard unfortunately 

Just now, madmaltese said:

Yeah these state of plays are simply never going to be close to an E3 showcase because you can just hve 4/5 of them in a year and just show small snippets of the upcoming 3 months.

This is the new standard unfortunately 

i miss e3 :cry: 

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

returnal will own....once it gets that price drop. a dark , atmospheric rogue-like game sounds intriguing. how's ff7? 

In all seriousness, it was a boring show but there are gonna be some bangers from that showcase.

Returnal, Kena and Deathloop are gonna be great.

I think Solar Ash is gonna be excellent and Sifu and Abe have potential. 

I am super jealous you haven't played FFVII yet and this update is coming out. It is excellent! Highly highly recommend it. One of the best combat systems in a JRPG ever, 10/10 soundtrack, great story, plus you have not nostalgia to the OG so the ending won't have any negative effects. 

• Like 1