PS5 was a mistake

Bought AC Valhalla since there’s nothing else to play and I needed something for PS5.

Pop in the game, it starts installing and I immediately notice there’s a loud mechanical noise coming from my system. Eventhough it sounds abnormal, I chalk it up to the system just installing the game and getting all the data from the disk. 

The install finishes and the noise goes away. I figure everything is normal so I just boot up the game and it immediately tells me the data is corrupt and I need to reinstall it. I get the option to close the game, so I select it and that’s it. It’s just stuck on that the screen and the ‘closing’ graphic is not even moving. I tried to force a restart of the system but the power button does nothing. So I have no choice but to pull the power plug which is probably going to fuck everything up even more. Welp here goes nothing.

:snoop:

The disk drive is ridiculously loud in the ps5. While I haven’t encountered freezes, I finally tested the drive out with a copy of immortal fenyx and was like “wtf?”  My other titles were purchased via psn. I haven’t tested out the series x drive yet. 

5 minutes ago, Cooke said:

the S in Series S stands for Silent. Its so quiet, you would never know its on if it weren't for the light. 

The series x is quiet too. Both the xsx and ps5 are quiet with digital titles. The xsx has a slight edge, though (like the s, you would never know it’s on if it wasn’t for the light). 

I can confirm Series X disc drive is really quiet and PS5 is loud as fuck.  PS5 definitely needs some different components when it comes to the disc drive and fan.  It's so fucking loud.  My friend that bought it is pissed 😂

44 minutes ago, lostfool said:

I can confirm Series X disc drive is really quiet and PS5 is loud as fuck.  PS5 definitely needs some different components when it comes to the disc drive and fan.  It's so fucking loud.  My friend that bought it is pissed 😂

The ps5 doesn’t have a loud fan. Its drive is the only thing that’s loud. 

18 hours ago, -GD-X said:

The ps5 doesn’t have a loud fan. Its drive is the only thing that’s loud. 

The drive is indeed the problem.

That and the ssd.

I believe the suspect is heat.

It's so bad inside that either one must be warping and not being able to access the data so the PS5 regularly asks you to reinstall the game.

lmfao I am so glad I didn't buy that pos.

30 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

The drive is indeed the problem.

That and the ssd.

I believe the suspect is heat.

It's so bad inside that either one must be warping and not being able to access the data so the PS5 regularly asks you to reinstall the game.

lmfao I am so glad I didn't buy that pos.

Bro, I have the xsx and ps5. I have had 0 issues with the ps5 SSD. Also, BOTH systems blow out hot air with graphically demanding games. 

50 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Bro, I have the xsx and ps5. I have had 0 issues with the ps5 SSD. Also, BOTH systems blow out hot air with graphically demanding games. 

Dude. Google PS5 corrupted data and you'll find several posts with the same issue.

You don't have to deny it.