PS5 was a mistake

11 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I don't get why gamers get consoles at launch any more. The norm now is the launch consoles have issues, the game selections are terrible, and they replace them with superior hardware and ditch the pointless stuff in 2 years. 

PS5/X offer amazing improvements to BC games. It's the best way to experience older games, they are worth it for that alone.

1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

Dude. Google PS5 corrupted data and you'll find several posts with the same issue.

You don't have to deny it.

“Several posts”....LOL  a few launch models have issues :D say it isn’t so :D 

43 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

thats not just disc drive noise. And the audio came out muffled, in person it was way worse.

Yeah, sounds like a defective unit. My disk drive is loud, but comparable to last gen systems. That’s flat out obnoxious. 

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

PS5/X offer amazing improvements to BC games. It's the best way to experience older games, they are worth it for that alone.

They offer graphical improvements. Big woop. They will still be there when the new console revisions come out. I'd rather wait til the kinks are out, real new games are available, and to get a more capable console. 

There's literally no advantage in getting launch consoles. 

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, sounds like a defective unit. My disk drive is loud, but comparable to last gen systems. That’s flat out obnoxious. 

Im really not sure what to think. I've played Valhalla for almost 3 hours and that noise hasn't returned, in fact the system has been practically dead quiet.

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I have a ps5. Do you? 

Nope.

I wanted to get the XSX and I know you have it too.

However, my One X is quite awesome.

Honestly, I only wanted to get the XSX for its potential but MS has already duped me before.

I am going 100% hermit after this gen though.

Especially now that I finally have my playseat set-up.

9 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Nope.

I wanted to get the XSX and I know you have it too.

However, my One X is quite awesome.

Honestly, I only wanted to get the XSX for its potential but MS has already duped me before.

I am going 100% hermit after this gen though.

Especially now that I finally have my playseat set-up.

The one x is a perfectly capable machine. I sold mine, along with my pro, because I knew I was getting the new systems. However, the ps5/xsx haven’t lived up to their expectations (yet). The PC route is smart, especially since you like racing sims. 

• Like 1

I will say the xsx has a better looking, more functional form factor than the ps5, and it truly is a marvel, when it comes to noise (not even gears 5 at 4k/60 FPS triggered any kind of sound). 

4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I will say the xsx has a better looking, more functional form factor than the ps5, and it truly is a marvel, when it comes to noise (not even gears 5 at 4k/60 FPS triggered any kind of sound). 

It is.

Is one of the things that impressed me about my Xbox One and then my One X.

Great hardware.

EDIT: I am looking to the new Forza Motorsport 8 and hopefully Forza Horizon 5 in Japan (please!).

Edited by MalaXmaS
  • Upvote 1