Check out my new 16K Display

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol it beats Cooke talking about Gameboy pocket hustles. 

"hey I think this product is going to be hot on the resale market!"

[was easily able to find 5 of them at a common retailer almost 6 months after release]

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

"hey I think this product is going to be hot on the resale market!"

[was easily able to find 5 of them at a common retailer almost 6 months after release]

Didn't realize you were thiiiiiis dense. It's a fucking Nintendo product. They always hold their value and always increase. You actually thought I meant buy now and sell a week later? :ccruise:

40 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Didn't realize you were thiiiiiis dense. It's a fucking Nintendo product. They always hold their value and always increase. You actually thought I meant buy now and sell a week later? :ccruise:

I really don't understand what you see in this thing. Where do you see the price in 5 years? 10? 

1 hour ago, Cooke said:

you do know that Nintendo will release different ones that will have games that have some rarity to them.

.......besides Super Mario Bros.:mjgrin:

So, to answer your question, you actually holding on to them may actually never raise in any value at all, which based on the simple concept on inflation, that would mean that you lost money.

9 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

I really don't understand what you see in this thing. Where do you see the price in 5 years? 10? 

It's a mediocre investment because you can't soft mod it but I think it'll still double within a year of the retail supply ending. You really can't lose on Nintendo hardware. 

When stores were blowing out the last of the clamshell 2DSes last fall for $100, I bought a bunch and now they're already selling for $250 on eBay. And for what it's worth  this stuff isn't supply constrained so you're not scalping and you can do it with a clear conscience.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Saucer said:

It's a mediocre investment because you can't soft mod it but I think it'll still double within a year of the retail supply ending. You really can't lose on Nintendo hardware. 

When stores were blowing out the last of the clamshell 2DSes last fall for $100, I bought a bunch and now they're already selling for $250 on eBay. And for what it's worth  this stuff isn't supply constrained so you're not scalping and you can do it with a clear conscience.

99 dollar GameCubes go for 300 now and they made 25 million of them. These little things are a limited run, if I weren't broke I'd buy a couple. 

4 hours ago, Saucer said:

Maybe you're right. I almost went in on that dumb Pokemon Sword & Shield Switch Lite they put out, but it was available everywhere so I figured it had plenty of supply. Just checked its price and it's already doubled.

Hard to beat an ROR of 100% without any capital gains tax to boot.

51 minutes ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

99 dollar GameCubes go for 300 now and they made 25 million of them. These little things are a limited run, if I weren't broke I'd buy a couple. 

Sealed GCs are going for over $500 believe it or not. Wii Us  are already going for over $700, and even sealed Vitas are going for  $350.  The prices have been skyrocketing the past year, and they're about to jump again when the next round of covid checks go out.

If someone wanted to invest but also wanted to keep it low-risk and braindead simple, I'd tell them just to buy Nintendo and Sony systems when they're at the end of their lifespan and you can pick them up cheap. That and limited edition Zelda-branded hardware. 

You'd have to sit on the items for more than a year, possibly more than a couple of years in order for them to even resell for that much.

And I think that market is booming now because the current Sony and Nintendo products are so hot, that people's interest in their past products also gets boosted. Look at how nobody gives a shit about the Sega retro mini stuff. That's because nobody cares about new Sega products to boost interest in old Sega products.

First time I ever saw the Gameboy Micro get unveiled, I knew I'd regret it if I didn't buy one at launch, and sure enough that happened. It was $99, and they would never over-manufacturer that item to where stores would slash the price on it, which is why I never bought it.

There is financial incentive for Nintendo to keep the DS/2DS/3DS eShop alive in some form, because people would still buy games from there. They seriously need to think about putting digital versions of DS games and GB/GBA games on that eShop and just keeping that service alive as a legacy product.

Would not surprise me if Nintendo does one more cute-sey revision of the DS/2DS, something similar to a Gameboy Micro, and that immediately becomes the collector's item to get.

4 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

What happened?

Daddy's business going down?

Gotta stock up in videocards to take care of the new dog?

Just mining on 3 rigs when they’re not being used

Daughters rig has a 3090

Sons rig has a 3090

My rig has a 3090

selling 1 3090

Not sure what to do with 3080’s,  scared of adding them to current PC’s because of heat.   I’ll check it out tonight 

4 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

What happened?

Daddy's business going down?

Gotta stock up in videocards to take care of the new dog?

Just mining on 3 rigs when they’re not being used

Daughters rig has a 3090

Sons rig has a 3090

My rig has a 3090

selling 1 3090

Not sure what to do with 3080’s,  scared of adding them to current PC’s because of heat.   I’ll check it out tonight 

Edited by Carlos Vela