My uncle died from COVID a couple of months ago, and my grandmother just got diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. They gave her 6 months to live.

She wants to fight it, but she's 80. Doctors warned that it could take her faster if she goes through chemo. My mom knows what it's like since she had cancer back when I was in high school, so she is worried about her. Also never seen my dad close to breaking. When he told us about it, I could hear his voice trembling. He's usually hardened never really shows emotion.

So far, 2021 has sucked more personally.

• Sad 3

i'm sorry to hear that.

there is something to be said for quality of life when it comes to dealing with cancer at such an advanced age.

hopefully your family and doctor can convey what that means to your grandmother, and then explain to her what it means to go on chemo, and then tell her that you support her in whatever she decides.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

i'm sorry to hear that.

there is something to be said for quality of life when it comes to dealing with cancer at such an advanced age.

hopefully your family and doctor can convey what that means to your grandmother, and then explain to her what it means to go on chemo, and then tell her that you support her in whatever she decides.

Thanks man.

Ya, my mom was explaining what she went through. My mom is scared for her. It's rough, because there's a chance it can prolong her life, but a chance it can shorten it, but overall, she's gonna suffer. I saw my mom go through it, and she was only in her 40s, and thankfully she beat it. She's pretty strong. My grandmother is strong as well, but her body is frail. Overall, we respect her choice and will be there for her.

Can't deny how unfair it is. We were so worried about her catching covid, my uncle that died from covid was in his 40s. And we managed to protect her from the virus, but cancer came out of nowhere. Like fuck man, that's not right. :(

I'm sorry, dude. tough choice, I hope your granny recovers either way. my grandmother died of bone cancer when I was a teenager and it was horrible but we got through this and remember the good times. :happysad: 

fuck cancer and covid

Edited by kazpunk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 2021-03-09 at 6:41 AM, -GD-X said:

Sounds like my 2019. Sorry to hear bro. 

I'd like to go back to 2018, seemed like a good year. So far 2021 seems worse than 2020 in a personal way. 2020 affected everyone, but 2021 was so far is like a personal punch in the gut.

1 hour ago, Chicano3000 said:

I'd like to go back to 2018, seemed like a good year. So far 2021 seems worse than 2020 in a personal way. 2020 affected everyone, but 2021 was so far is like a personal punch in the gut.

Yeah, 2018 was an amazing year. August of 2019 up until fall of last year have been shit for me.