The biggest annoyance with owning multiple consoles

The controllers and muscle memory 

The Problem With the X Button: https://youtu.be/OHjVMwIVSk4

It constantly makes me fuck up. Seriously this should be standardized like a keyboard is. And it should all be like the switch pro controller.

Y on the left 

A on the right 

X on top 

B on the bottom 

I thought this was going to be about the placement of confirm/cancel and just wanted to laugh at sheep thinking Nintendo being the only holdout meant anybody actually gave a shit about this problem anymore, but you're seriously complaining about the labeling of the buttons? Lostfool is dead on, you are absolutely fucking retarded.

• Ben 2

i had the same problem when gaming on xbox 360 for a decade, and then moving over to switch. made quick time events nearly impossible.

playstation wasn't so bad since the buttons have such iconic shapes. but it's retarded using X to confirm on playstation, when clearly circle should be conform as it used to be in japan. in japan confirm/cancel was always uniform across playstation and nintendo, it was xbox who was the outlier.

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

I thought this was going to be about the placement of confirm/cancel and just wanted to laugh at sheep thinking Nintendo being the only holdout meant anybody actually gave a shit about this problem anymore, but you're seriously complaining about the labeling of the buttons? Lostfool is dead on, you are absolutely fucking retarded.

Of course Sony and MS should just follow the lead of the only company that you have to actually buy a functional controller separately because the gimmick console versions are always terrible for actually playing games with. 

3 hours ago, Cooke said:

Its annoying all 3 put the X in a different spot and they all mean different things. 

that doesn't mean anything, anymore.

there's just north-south-east-west, and you just take a moment to look at your games controller menu to understand which function is what. you learn about what you do in the game and then associate that function with N-S-E-W, and it should be logical that the more common in-game actions would be associated with South and then the second-most common will probably be West.

Other than that, Japanese games have different confirm/'cancel than western games, and that's pretty much all to it.

For the record SEGA had the most superior button layout when they released that 6-button Arcade controller for Genesis, and evolved it on the Saturn.

One of their biggest mistakes was designing the Dreamcast after Nintendo / SONY's 4-button layout diamond design, that Xbox also copied which made it become standard, which to present even Steam and NVIDIA's controller is designed around.

I had this problem the few times I played on xbox. I was playing one of the halo's (on 360) and I yelled:"where X again?" "what the fuck is Y?" etc. it's awful.