6 months in, PS5 cross-buy is broken, no expandable storage, the pulse headset sucked, is this the biggest flop of all time?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Remind me a lot of last gen tbh. PS4 was pretty shit until Bloodborne came in.

Yea.  But somehow this gen is even worse.  Obviously covid fucked up a lot of shit.. but even then, these consoles came in hot.   It's just been messy.  With cross gen games that have issues

ghost is losing his shit, hard.

classic.

4 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

He’s runnnnnnning :kaz:

the numbers are your only way out. But, well.. we know that’s not true either :banderoos:

no, you keep on running to the Note.

And running to old articles that got debunked.

3 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

He’s acting like he doesn’t know why :kaz: holy fuck, complete abandonment of his own phone :ANYWORD:

a fugggggin wash :banderoos:

i know why iPhone cut manufacturing by 20%.

because they didn't sell enough.:drake:

Edited by jehurey
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

ghost is losing his shit, hard.

classic.

no, you keep on running to the Note.

And running to old articles that got debunked.

i know why iPhone cut manufacturing by 20%.

because they didn't sell enough.:drake:

If iPhone cut by 20%, do you think it’s still not the leader? 

:coolsmug:

1 minute ago, ghostz life matters said:

If iPhone cut by 20%, do you think it’s still not the leader? 

:coolsmug:

clearly not, if they cut they manufacturing because of lack of demand.

go cry in your own safespace club.

Just now, jehurey said:

clearly not, if they cut they manufacturing because of lack of demand.

go cry in your own safespace club.

The records were already set :blessed: we’re talking about the 4th quarter when the game was won on the first drive after a 90 pt touchdown combo :banderoos:

2 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

@jehurey is there a way to customixe the cx home dashboard? Like pic wise? The blue room is lame 

?? you mean like the backgroun image and colors?

No, I'm not aware. The only reason I've ever used the dashboard was when I was setting up the HDMI connection and labelling the connection and assigning it its symbol.

And when I connected my RTX 3090 PC, making sure that I modified the connection settings so that it recognizes it as a PC and assign it Instant Game Response.

Other than that, I almost never go to that screen.

1 minute ago, ghostz life matters said:

The records were already set

and their failure is currently underway.

if you don't like it, then go plead with them to not cut their manufacturing by 20%.

Its not like they ACCIDENTALLY overmanufactured phones. LOL

Just now, jehurey said:

No, I'm not aware. The only reason I've ever used the dashboard was when I was setting up the HDMI connection and labelling the connection and assigning it its symbol.

And when I connected my RTX 3090 PC, making sure that I modified the connection settings so that it recognizes it as a PC and assign it Instant Game Response.

okay it was more of a curiosity thing because I never use it either but I felt like I was missing something for not using it. Also, when switching inputs how do I get rid of the live tv (antenna) option? 

also also - I think we bought these roughly at the same time (I purchased on Halloween) - what’s your usage? My girl runs this bitch up, I’m already at 1633 hrs. Luckily I have a 5 year warranty bc I have it cranked on 100 backlight and expect burn in before the end of the year 

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

jfc :mj: 

2 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

okay it was more of a curiosity thing because I never use it either but I felt like I was missing something for not using it. Also, when switching inputs how do I get rid of the live tv (antenna) option? 

also also - I think we bought these roughly at the same time (I purchased on Halloween) - what’s your usage? My girl runs this bitch up, I’m already at 1633 hrs. Luckily I have a 5 year warranty bc I have it cranked on 100 backlight and expect burn in before the end of the year 

When I watch regular cable tv, I use it at 65 backlight.

you don't need to have 100 backlight, if you watch something that has like a constant logo at the bottom (like a News channel, or watching sports that has a info box at the bottom) that may create burn in quicker than usual.

But, hopefully you have pixel shift turned on by default.

And then you can go into the deeper picture menu to turn on "Logo Luminescence" onto high. What it means is that it will dim that particular area where it notices still logos on screen.

Its only when I play video games when I have it turned onto 100 blacklight, and HDR movie and tv content. By default, when it enters HDR picture mode, it sets it to 100 backlight.

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

jfc :mj: 

That's right.

Pray to your master.

Or cry to your master, it doesn't really matter to me.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

That's right.

Pray to your master.

I have a better PC than you :mj: 

I'll just continue to laugh at you. 

LOL when I play my 3090 PC :ovolol: 

LOL when I watch my LG C9 OLED TV :ovolol: 

God you're a fucking clown :rofl: 

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

When I watch regular cable tv, I use it at 65 backlight.

you don't need to have 100 backlight, if you watch something that has like a constant logo at the bottom (like a News channel, or watching sports that has a info box at the bottom) that may create burn in quicker than usual.

But, hopefully you have pixel shift turned on by default.

And then you can go into the deeper picture menu to turn on "Logo Luminescence" onto high. What it means is that it will dim that particular area where it notices still logos on screen.

Its only when I play video games when I have it turned onto 100 blacklight, and HDR movie and tv content. By default, when it enters HDR picture mode, it sets it to 100 backlight.

That's right.

Pray to your master.

meh. I have the warranty. Literally love it, but I miss the brightness of led. I use vivid and find the standard settings incredibly washed out, but just my personal preference. Kinda buzzed and bored outta my mind so I’m fucking around, the quick access (the zero

button if you long press) is something I’ve never noticed before and pretty dope. Check it out if you haven’t 

Just now, Remij said:

I have a better PC than you :mj: 

I'll just continue to laugh at you. 

LOL when I play my 3090 PC :ovolol: 

LOL when I watch my LG C9 OLED TV :ovolol: 

God you're a fucking clown :rofl: 

or, you can continue losing your shit because you're obviously mad that you don't have a new video card.

you clearly look like you're doing one much more than the other.:umad:

Just now, jehurey said:

or, you can continue losing your shit because you're obviously mad that you don't have a new video card.

you clearly look like you're doing one much more than the other.:umad:

losing my shit laughing at how you speak yes... because you're so content that you actually have nice things.

Like this is your first time :smilecry: 

24 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

meh. I have the warranty. Literally love it, but I miss the brightness of led. I use vivid and find the standard settings incredibly washed out, but just my personal preference. Kinda buzzed and bored outta my mind so I’m fucking around, the quick access (the zero

button if you long press) is something I’ve never noticed before and pretty dope. Check it out if you haven’t 

well, i actually care about accurate picture quality, and I don't have cataracts or an overly bright living area that would "wash out" the screen.

If you are watching something that has blown-out brightness (for example, you can't make out the round edge of the sun and the bloom surrounding the sun) that just isn't accurate picture quality.

I installed AC4 Black Flag on my RTX 3090 PC, and thats a game that has a POOR unoptimized PC port because nVIdia PhysX implementation is just about broken, and they cap it at 60fps, no matter what resolution it is at.

So I'm doing it at full 3840 x 2160 resolution, 60fps, and everything turned on. And the game has no HDR, because it wasn't a thing back in 2014. But the TV turns on "HDR mode" by itself, which means it turns on backlight to 100.

My goodness, the white stone buildings really eminate brightness bouncing off of them. it feels like a modern game.

I can't wait until I get to AssCreed Unity, because the environment is even more lavish looking.

22 minutes ago, Remij said:

losing my shit laughing at how you speak yes... because you're so content that you actually have nice things.

Like this is your first time :smilecry: 

I love that you are so desperate, that this is what you are attempting.

You must not have very nice things, if its bothering you so much.

Do me a favor, go and post all of my posts in which I start wigging out and laughing at you when you talk about your hardware.

LOL

15 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

When did you buy & what’s your usage @jehurey

I bought my tv back in July, and I have about 3800 hours.

And alot of that really is me dozing off to sleep in the middle of the night, and then waking up at 4am, and still seeing my TV and cable box are on, and then I finally turn it off before going to bed.

Edited by jehurey
45 minutes ago, jehurey said:

well, i actually care about accurate picture quality, and I don't have cataracts or an overly bright living area that would "wash out" the screen.

If you are watching something that has blown-out brightness (for example, you can't make out the round edge of the sun and the bloom surrounding the sun) that just isn't accurate picture quality.

I installed AC4 Black Flag on my RTX 3090 PC, and thats a game that has a POOR unoptimized PC port because nVIdia PhysX implementation is just about broken, and they cap it at 60fps, no matter what resolution it is at.

So I'm doing it at full 3840 x 2160 resolution, 60fps, and everything turned on. And the game has no HDR, because it wasn't a thing back in 2014. But the TV turns on "HDR mode" by itself, which means it turns on backlight to 100.

My goodness, the white stone buildings really eminate brightness bouncing off of them. it feels like a modern game.

I can't wait until I get to AssCreed Unity, because the environment is even more lavish looking.

I love that you are so desperate, that this is what you are attempting.

You must not have very nice things, if its bothering you so much.

Do me a favor, go and post all of my posts in which I start wigging out and laughing at you when you talk about your hardware.

LOL

I bought my tv back in July, and I have about 3800 hours.

And alot of that really is me dozing off to sleep in the middle of the night, and then waking up at 4am, and still seeing my TV and cable box are on, and then I finally turn it off before going to bed.

Okay that’s great to hear, so you’re averaging more than I even am, but I’m almost always at full backlight. Did you get a warranty ? You’re gonna get 10k hrs in under 2 years, any concern? Maybe I’m just paranoid 

23 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

Okay that’s great to hear, so you’re averaging more than I even am, but I’m almost always at full backlight. Did you get a warranty ? You’re gonna get 10k hrs in under 2 years, any concern? Maybe I’m just paranoid 

oh i definitely bought the best buy 5 year warranty.

So yeah, sometime around March 2025, I will call in the warranty, and have a Geek Squad guy come out to my house and verify it.

And if he verifies that its a burn in screen, I'll turned down his offer to take the tv away and "promise" to get rid of it myself. That'll be a free hand-me-down gift, or a second screen somewhere.

I've heard stories of Geek Squad moving so slow, that they took over a month, so I'm going to do it with at least 3-4 months left on the warranty.

20 minutes ago, jehurey said:

oh i definitely bought the best buy 5 year warranty.

So yeah, sometime around March 2025, I will call in the warranty, and have a Geek Squad guy come out to my house and verify it.

And if he verifies that its a burn in screen, I'll turned down his offer to take the tv away and "promise" to get rid of it myself. That'll be a free hand-me-down gift, or a second screen somewhere.

I've heard stories of Geek Squad moving so slow, that they took over a month, so I'm going to do it with at least 3-4 months left on the warranty.

I just returned a perfectly working tcl 2019 series 6. Told them it randomly shut off. It didn’t. Anyway, I took it to store as I expected no hassle. They did. They sent it for repair. 

two weeks later I’m issued a full refund. Lol it was fully working. Anyway, yeah, I would have preferred to keep it but they never gave me

the option. I’ll try to work that this time tho.