Finally got a chance to see a PS5 upclose

Yesterday, I went to Best Buy just to take a look at how cellphones look upclose so I can see if some of my choices were too big or too small and also check out their build quality.

Anyways, passing around the gaming section I saw it; that huge monstrosity enclosed in a bubble. Holy shit that thing is huge.

Definitely will wait for a redesign.

the system is big and obnoxious looking. it's like....someone, who always wanted the older alienware PCs, designed it. though, it does feel a lot sturdier than it looks.

the series x looks way better in person. 

37 minutes ago, Bodycount N.S said:

best looking console ever. looks like something out of a sci-fi flick.

next gen is here and the dull, black Office Equiptment boxes it replaces won't be missed

It looks like a fat woman should bleed into it for protection 

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

the system is big and obnoxious looking. it's like....someone, who always wanted the older alienware PCs, designed it. though, it does feel a lot sturdier than it looks.

the series x looks way better in person. 

I could understand if the system had top of the line specs but it's already fucking outdated by a good 2 years.

Just now, MalaXmaS said:

I could understand if the system had top of the line specs but it's already fucking outdated by a good 2 years.

the ps5 design feels like an afterthought. like...i think the specs make sense, but the casing is not that functional. fortunately, i have a huge entertainment center, because of my cat, so the system gets plenty of ventilation and is hidden. the series x feels extremely well thought out, though. it actually feels like it belongs in an entertainment center, unlike the ps5. the only con (like the ps5) is that it pumps out a fuck ton of heat. 

23 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

the ps5 design feels like an afterthought. like...i think the specs make sense, but the casing is not that functional. fortunately, i have a huge entertainment center, because of my cat, so the system gets plenty of ventilation and is hidden. the series x feels extremely well thought out, though. it actually feels like it belongs in an entertainment center, unlike the ps5. the only con (like the ps5) is that it pumps out a fuck ton of heat. 

And I've heard the disc drive is super loud which makes sense to go full digital.

Hell, about 5% of my Xbox One collection are physical discs.

I am used to buying digital, even on releasing day.
Nothing compares to just turning on the machine and booting up the game.

People say you are never too sure with online games as they might take them off the store and drop online functionality but you can't do much with a disc if the game needs a day 1 patch.

Edited by MalaXmaS
5 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

And I've heard the disc drive is super loud which makes sense to go full digital.

Hell, about 5% of my Xbox One collection are physical discs.

I am used to buying digital, even on releasing day.
Nothing compares to just turning on the machine and booting up the game.

People say you are never too sure with online games as they might take them off the store and drop online functionality but you can't do much with a disc if the game needs a day 1 patch.

well, the drive is loud at first (installing the game). however, it's fine after

like you, i prefer going digital, as well. xbox marketplace seems to have more deals than psn. i copped AC valhalla and WD legions for $50. sweet deal. 

• Like 1

It really is an ugly POS. Cows prob hide that shit in Azas closet when people come over. Luckily for the sheep with PS5s, nobody comes over to their parents houses.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

i like how he had to go and "see phones" to "see how they look like."

Must've been mind-blowing for him to walk into that Best Buy and see technology that exceeds 2013.

I said I went there to have a feel for these phones and see if they are too big or small for me.

Are you always this fucking retarded?

Just now, MalaXmaS said:

I said I went there to have a feel for these phones and see if they are too big or small for me.

Are you always this fucking retarded?

I don't know........I don't walk into a store because I don't have the imagination to see what a phone feels like in my hand in the year 2021.

Maybe you have small hands you have to worry about.

Or maybe you don't own a phone with a screen bigger than 5 inches.............which, once again, explains my "doesn't know technology past 2013" theory.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol lemmings who probably buy their clothes and food at the same store talking about ugly designs. XSX looks like a render for a hand dryer. 

Dude shut the fuck up PS5 is ugly as sin :D 

both next gen systems look awful

I think my fav design was the OG playstation or playstation 2. Never owned a xbox. Simple and sleek is the way to go. 

Edited by kaz
2 hours ago, jehurey said:

I don't know........I don't walk into a store because I don't have the imagination to see what a phone feels like in my hand in the year 2021.

Maybe you have small hands you have to worry about.

Or maybe you don't own a phone with a screen bigger than 5 inches.............which, once again, explains my "doesn't know technology past 2013" theory.

I buy everything online. 

How the  fuck am I going to get a feel for a phone?

Edited by MalaXmaS