It takes two (possible GOTY contender?!) UP - 9.0 at GS and IGN

Pretty excited to play this game with my girl. Comes out Friday. I hear the creator is a nut job but I’ve never played his previous games like a way out and that brothers game. Anyone have experience with this dev and/or hyped for this game? Review embargo ends at 10pm est today 

Edited by ghostz life matters
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I struggle to think of another co-op puzzle game that's better. Maybe Portal 2? Even if that's true, It Takes Two belongs on that same tier.

Screen Rant:

Some publishers may feel couch co-op isn't viable anymore, but It Takes Two proves just how powerful the setup can be with the right blend of gameplay and charm.

VGC:

With its relentless stream of clever ideas, It Takes Two is one of the most memorable and inventive co-op games of the modern era. Just make sure your partner knows their way around a DualSense controller.
  • Tears of the Cows changed the title to It takes two (possible GOTY contender?!)

I just saw the gameplay trailer, and this looks like good and interesting platforming level design.

I wouldn't even call it a full 3D platformer, even though it clearly has 3D design levels, but there's alot of creativity, and also its changing and introducing new game mechanics even within a level.

So, the co-op stuff I expected from that guy who made A Way Out, but I'm actually more impressed with interesting and ever-changing platforming mechanics.

Reminds me of Psychonauts, but it may actually be more fun.

6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Can this be played solo too? 

I don't think so.  I think it's MP only type game.

Cool thing on PC anyway is that you can play with "Steam Remote Play Together" online.  It's not a feature of the game, but rather Steam.  It's just Valve doing cool shit.  It connects the people you want to play with to your PC like as if they were local.. so even games which have local multiplayer but no online multiplayer, can be played online.  It's perfect for these types of games.

Also, only the host needs to own the game.  Cool shit B) 

Edited by Remij
11 minutes ago, Remij said:

I don't think so.  I think it's MP only type game.

Cool thing on PC anyway is that you can play with "Steam Remote Play Together" online.  It's not a feature of the game, but rather Steam.  It's just Valve doing cool shit.  It connects the people you want to play with to your PC like as if they were local.. so even games which have local multiplayer but no online multiplayer, can be played online.  It's perfect for these types of games.

Also, only the host needs to own the game.  Cool shit B) 

Welcome to 2013. Sony has done that since PS4

• Tears of the Cows changed the title to It takes two (possible GOTY contender?!) UP - 9.0 at GS and IGN