What's the best bang for your buck PCVR headset?

After plugging my PSVR back up i was quickly reminded how amazing VR is when used correctly and i'ts made me become a certified #VRFagot once again. I was looking at the Valve index but fuck me i'm not looking to spend a G on a VR device :scared:

i was looking at the Oculus Quest 2. Only issue i see is having to create a FagBook account and DL some software to use it on PC. I have a gaming VR ready gaming PC so specs aren't an issue.

Edited by Delita
36 minutes ago, Ike said:

BTW there’s a bunch of free PSVR games on the PS Store right now. I got Farpoint, Moss, and Thumper. 

I downloaded and played all of them over the past few days which sparked this thread :denzel3:

LMAO that's EASILY the Oculus Quest 2.

Playing HL:A with the Oculus Quest 2 completely wirelessly and flawlessly from a high end PC is just incredible.  There's absolutely NOTHING any other headsets do better than the Quest 2, that can make up for being completely tether free.

Not only that, but being able to just close the app and then being able to lay down on the couch and watch shit in VR is awesome.  No setup bullshit with cameras and sensors with wires everywhere :mj: 

Also, the screen clarity is just pretty incredible.

Oculus Quest 2 is the best of all worlds.  Only the Vive Index has better controls... but it's far more expensive, and comes with all the setup headaches and only works with Steam.

Yes, the only major drawback for the Quest is the Facebook account bullshit.  I totally get people not bothering with it because of that.. but one thing I can say.. is that Facebook is the most serious about VR out of any of the platform holders, and they have some major studios working on exclusive stuff for them.  I have all the Facebook shit turned off anyway.

• Like 1

If you don't mind fuckbook, QUest 2. I got one because I already got a facebook that I haven't touched. So this is probably the best use I had for a facebook profile in a long time.

But if you can, I'd look into the valve index. But if you don't want wires, quest 2. You can get virtual desktop and play pcvr wirelessly. But you need a really good router. Like 5g.

13 minutes ago, Chicano3000 said:

If you don't mind fuckbook, QUest 2. I got one because I already got a facebook that I haven't touched. So this is probably the best use I had for a facebook profile in a long time.

But if you can, I'd look into the valve index. But if you don't want wires, quest 2. You can get virtual desktop and play pcvr wirelessly. But you need a really good router. Like 5g.

Yea, make sure you have a router with a 5Ghz frequency band.

The entire VR industry in the PC space has done absolutely fuck-all to show people that they are organized, or that they even remotely have some sort of plan.

None of them have even bothered to have their own Press Conference for them to show up the upcoming roadmap for VR, or VR hardware.

Even though E3 isn't going to exist for two straight years, that didn't stop the console makers from having shows to inform people.

And Valve, jeezus, how they ever released hardware that they didn't ditch support by year 2?

Just now, jehurey said:

The entire VR industry in the PC space has done absolutely fuck-all to show people that they are organized, or that they even remotely have some sort of plan.

None of them have even bothered to have their own Press Conference for them to show up the upcoming roadmap for VR, or VR hardware.

Even though E3 isn't going to exist for two straight years, that didn't stop the console makers from having shows to inform people.

And Valve, jeezus, how they ever released hardware that they didn't ditch support by year 2?

Oculus does it every year :mj: 

Just now, Remij said:

I'm talking about it right now idiot :hest: 

No, you're talking about me. Well..........whining to me, more like it.

So..............thanks for admitting that Oculus press conference are such nothingburgers, that not even you talk about it.

Just now, jehurey said:

No, you're talking about me. Well..........whining to me, more like it.

So..............thanks for admitting that Oculus press conference are such nothingburgers, that not even you talk about it.

I'm correcting you actually..  So then after realizing the fact that you were wrong, you turned the conversation to be about ME and whether I talk about it or not... LOL

DENIED :ovolol: 

Just now, Remij said:

I'm correcting you actually..

You clearly aren't correcting me, because you clearly didn't demonstrate anywhere where you, or anybody else, talks about Oculus pressers.

Wow, you had to be correct on that.:mjgrin:

Nah, its whining that you're doing.

And you're still whining about me.

Just now, jehurey said:

You clearly aren't correcting me, because you clearly didn't demonstrate anywhere where you, or anybody else, talks about Oculus pressers.

Wow, you had to be correct on that.:mjgrin:

Nah, its whining that you're doing.

And you're still whining about me.

Talking about me... after being corrected.

Spinning up the Jehurey-go-round.. that's the one ring you're obsessed with :tom: 

Just now, Remij said:

Talking about me... after being corrected.

Spinning up the Jehurey-go-round.. that's the one ring you're obsessed with :tom: 

Sorry, little too late for projecting.

I love how you are now avoiding talking about Oculus, and are full-blown whining about me.

You seem to think this is something that doesn't work out in my favor.

So yea, back on topic....  The Oculus Quest 2 is definitely the best bang for your buck headset.  It's the best all around set out there... has awesome image quality too.

The awesome thing too is that Oculus has a press conference show every year talking about their platforms and upcoming hardware. :fblike: 

Index without question.

Best default tracking method

Best controllers

Best audio 

Best microphone 

Very durable

Highest refresh rate

High resolution 

Incredibly comfortable

Fan accessory increases comfort for long play sessions dramatically 

If money is no object there's nothing better. I bought two for a reason.

20210325_163735.jpg

Edited by DynamiteCop
  • Upvote 1