$70 and Sony can’t even give you a USB-C cable for their controller

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

Remember when Nintendo sold the 3DS without a charging cable lmao.

That's slightly different that was 7th Nintendo handheld (New 3DS XL) to use the same exact charger and the last revision for the system. 

The 2DS, 3DS, 3DS XL, DSi and DSi XL devices all came with the same charger included. 

This current PS5 is the first model in the PS5 lineup. It should include a charging cord for the controller. 

11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

That's slightly different that was 7th Nintendo handheld (New 3DS XL) to use the same exact charger and the last revision for the system. 

The 2DS, 3DS, 3DS XL, DSi and DSi XL devices all came with the same charger included. 

This current PS5 is the first model in the PS5 lineup. It should include a charging cord for the controller. 

Doesnt  it use a usb-C cable.

At least it is not propietary.

19 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

It's no different. 

22 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I don’t get Sony’s design sometimes. It’s not even a full usb-C cable. The end that goes into the controller is usb-c but the connection to the console is regular usb.

Uh, why the fuck not?  Why have a USB-C to C connection if you don't need it?

That C-port on the console is for their VR set.

28 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I don’t get Sony’s design sometimes. It’s not even a full usb-C cable. The end that goes into the controller is usb-c but the connection to the console is regular usb.

not sure if serious? 🤔

That's a USB C cable bro.  You don't need both sides to have a C port for it to be C cable 😩😶

Edited by Goukosan
4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

So, its more likely you will be able to find a connection to charge the controller.

What is it that you don't get?

It would be a waste of a USB-C port, which is used for the fastest possible bandwidth, for just charging a controller.

And even if you wanted to play a video game with a wired controller to reduce latency, you don't need USB-C for that, a regular USB 2.0 slot should be able to handle that.

The USB-C connection on the front of the PS5 is going to be used for the upcoming PSVR2 headset.

14 minutes ago, Ike said:

Nope, it uses USB-C not mini USB like PS4. :kaz: 

It's fucking stupid and a complete money grab. My desk is a horrific mess having micro usb cable to charge my PS4 controller, a USB-c cable to charge my PS5 controller, and Mini-usb cable to charge my move controllers. Apple has been doing the same shit changing everything to USB-C, and just when everyone starts to conform to USB-C, they'll create some new bullshit to gouge people