Reading Wake Up by Piers Morgan

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-03-29 at 12:28 AM, Cooke said:

He's so fucking annoying though 

Hes very confrontational and intense when getting his point across. I just finished the book and it was a pretty valuable read though. I didn't always agree with some of the arguments he would make but that just highlights the while point of the book and what it stands for: Exposing cancel culture and the damage its doing to our democracy & free speech rights.

43 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Hes very confrontational and intense when getting his point across. I just finished the book and it was a pretty valuable read though. I didn't always agree with some of the arguments he would make but that just highlights the while point of the book and what it stands for: Exposing cancel culture and the damage its doing to our democracy & free speech rights.

Remember 4 or 5 years ago people were saying "oh this shit will die down, it's just university campuses".

But of course the kids graduate and become adults and get jobs at media companies and in government or become teachers themselves and promote more of this Stalinist Marxism authoritarian bullshit. It's going to get worse before it gets better. 

1 hour ago, Cooke said:

Remember 4 or 5 years ago people were saying "oh this shit will die down, it's just university campuses".

But of course the kids graduate and become adults and get jobs at media companies and in government or become teachers themselves and promote more of this Stalinist Marxism authoritarian bullshit. It's going to get worse before it gets better. 

But the thing is that the silent majority is actually against cancel culture. Its just a small group of people whos toxic opinions are amplified because of social media. And then you have the fact that even though the majority are against it, they can't actually express their thoughts because then they'll make themselves targetsand be shamed as racists, bigots, transphobic, etc just for not conforming to the same hive mentality.

• 9 months later...
On 2021-04-07 at 6:22 PM, Twinblade said:

But the thing is that the silent majority is actually against cancel culture. Its just a small group of people whos toxic opinions are amplified because of social media. And then you have the fact that even though the majority are against it, they can't actually express their thoughts because then they'll make themselves targetsand be shamed as racists, bigots, transphobic, etc just for not conforming to the same hive mentality.

lol this conservation is like something out of a white nationalist recruiting discord or something. lol Who the fuck reads a Piers Morgan book? Y'all have been activated. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

lol this conservation is like something out of a white nationalist recruiting discord or something. lol Who the fuck reads a Piers Morgan book? Y'all have been activated. 

The book is a good read and well thought out analysis of society today. Of course you would hate it, progressives are the least open minded people out there and automatically look at everything through a lens of negativity.

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The book is a good read and well thought out analysis of society today. Of course you would hate it, progressives are the least open minded people out there and automatically look at everything through a lens of negativity.

Don't do that. I read way more than you, and across a much broader spectrum. Which is painfully obvious because you never seem to know what is happening outside of rightwing Facebook. Hey remember way back this weekend when you claimed MLK would be sad about the same things he died actually fighting for? Which isn't your fault, it's the primary and secondary school curriculum that let's you believe that nonsense you thought.

Also how hypocritical of you to talk about open mindedness and you read a book by an idiotic trump boot licker who simply hates "wokism" as much as you do. Is kind of bigot, and acts like a disgruntled child. Your favorite type of person. LMFAO

NIGGA PLEASE

Edited by Mr. Impossible
25 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Don't do that. I read way more than you, and across a much broader spectrum. Which is painfully obvious because you never seem to know what is happening outside of rightwing Facebook. Hey remember way back this weekend when you claimed MLK would be sad about the same things he died actually fighting for? Which isn't your fault, it's the primary and secondary school curriculum that let's you believe that nonsense you thought.

Also how hypocritical of you to talk about open mindedness and you read a book by an idiotic trump boot licker who simply hates "wokism" as much as you do. Is kind of bigot, and acts like a disgruntled child. Your favorite type of person. LMFAO

NIGGA PLEASE

Taking MLK’s words out of context to fit your agenda isn’t gonna work :D 

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Taking MLK’s words out of context to fit your agenda isn’t gonna work :D 

And what did I take out of context considering I actually posted direct quotes of his. In fact, I barely scratched the surface. 

Edit:

This is exactly why I call you a psychopath. It's like this is an argument you soundly loss yet somehow in your fucking twisted mind you're still right. It's fucking crazy. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible