Octopath Traveler

So whats the best way to play this game? Im only like 90 mins in or so and after i left the first town it said find all your friends or whatever and beat the biggest enemies. So should i focus on going around and getting the other people or does it lead you to them on the games own?

Depending on where you start the game, the shortest path leading to the next character on the map should scale to what you currently are. Just go to the closest town with that character that's your level and repeat for each new character.

As you gain new characters, you'll open up new chapters for the characters who've joined your party previously.

At first it seems like it's open ended, but it's really not.

Edited by Delita

Best way to play this game? Pick whoever you want as main protagonist to start with and then do all the chapters for each other character, then same thing for chapter 2 and so forth.

I recommend using Cyrus the mage as main, elemental spells are very deadly and useful.

Started it last night. I don't know. Not a giant fan atm tbh. I thought I would like the art style more than I do (maybe it's better suited on the Swtich as a portable) and the different characters and how the game plays out is very fragmented. I'll stick with it though.

33 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Best way to play this game? Pick whoever you want as main protagonist to start with and then do all the chapters for each other character, then same thing for chapter 2 and so forth.

I recommend using Cyrus the mage as main, elemental spells are very deadly and useful.

I picked the knight 

10 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Started it last night. I don't know. Not a giant fan atm tbh. I thought I would like the art style more than I do (maybe it's better suited on the Swtich as a portable) and the different characters and how the game plays out is very fragmented. I'll stick with it though.

I hate the art style but I hate the 8 bit style.  Some if it looks good tho. The battle scenes look cool and some of the inside parts look ok.  It's blurry shit sometimes tho and looks like a ds games at points 

Just now, Ramza said:

Not a bad choice.

I'm like close to 3 hours into it and I think the voice acting and story are good so far and make up for the nes looks. Combat seems good so far too

13 minutes ago, JonB said:

I hate the art style but I hate the 8 bit style.  Some if it looks good tho. The battle scenes look cool and some of the inside parts look ok.  It's blurry shit sometimes tho and looks like a ds games at points 

Yeah the blur is putting me off and the whole 3d movement with 2d art ranges from looking good to awful. Very hit and miss. 

Overall I'd say it looks like shit but some of the character design is great and reminds me of some of the best of the 8 or 16 bit days. 

There is some unique looking stuff but there is some blurry shit looking stuff sometimes too 

It reminds me of every other 8 16 bit looking game out there but with some standout stuff thrown in 

I'll see how it progresses thru the game 

The OST is the star of this game honestly. I didn’t finish it. I think Project Triangle Strategy will be better. It got a little too grindy for me and the story/characters weren’t interesting enough to hold my interest. 

So i finished the first story parts for everyone at about 15 hours in. I enjoyed all of the characters but i see my highest level guy is level 20, i have another level 20 then most others are 8-12. The next story sections start at level 21 at the lowest and go to 27..... so i feel i am going to have to grind or get wrecked.

I really like this game but if ima have to grind forever i probably wont finish it. I feel your characters that just sit around when you arent using them should automatically level up. Also i didnt know you could boost your attacks up to 4 times until like my 6th character when i did it on accident :D 😕 

Ill see how it goes and hopefully it doesnt get too hard / grindy