Disco Elysium The Final Cut - 10 @ IGN

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You by the time they get announced:      

Here's the major question anyone should ask themselves before buying Disco Elysium.   Do I like to read and enjoy in-depth dialogues trees in video games?   Answer: Yes. Then go pl

As the prophecy foretold  

Posted Images

Here's the major question anyone should ask themselves before buying Disco Elysium.

Do I like to read and enjoy in-depth dialogues trees in video games?

Answer: Yes. Then go play Disco Elysium.

Answer: No. Then don't play Disco Elysium.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Here's the major question anyone should ask themselves before buying Disco Elysium.

Thats a hard no then for me haha

8 minutes ago, Ramza said:

"The original version of Disco Elysium feels like a novel, whereas with fully voiced dialogues, including the narrator and the protagonist’s thoughts, the developers greatly change the overall feel of the game. Adding different languages and vivid accents to the game will allow players to hear a “real symphony,” which will make a huge difference when passing through the game’s world." i think jon may like it. 

I've wanted to get the game, but I already knew that I didn't have the time to play it.

but also the other thing was that they said that Disco Elysium was taking the isometric Falllout RPG gameplay and modernizing it, and would probably ruin the experience if you try to go back and play those games. So I kinda wanted to play FO2 first before trying Disco Elysium.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I've wanted to get the game, but I already knew that I didn't have the time to play it.

but also the other thing was that they said that Disco Elysium was taking the isometric Falllout RPG gameplay and modernizing it, and would probably ruin the experience if you try to go back and play those games. So I kinda wanted to play FO2 first before trying Disco Elysium.

I always thought the Fallout comparisons were retarded. Combat is a huge part of those games, and this has none of that.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

I always thought the Fallout comparisons were retarded. Combat is a huge part of those games, and this has none of that.

is disco's story really that good? i want to take a break from gaming, but the hype is getting to me. 

28 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

is disco's story really that good? i want to take a break from gaming, but the hype is getting to me. 

Its really cool and your decisions have a huge impact on the events of the story, but its  slow and you need to be prepared to read a ton of dialogue. Im not sure its the cure if you're feeling gaming fatigue

They should honestly put out a demo containing the first hour or 2 as that would be enough to give people an idea as to what type of experience it is.

Just now, Twinblade said:

Its really cool and your decisions have a huge impact on the events of the story, but its  slow and you need to be prepared to read a ton of dialogue. Im not sure its the cure if you're feeling gaming fatigue

They should honestly put out a demo containing the first hour or 2 as that would be enough to give people an idea as to what type of experience it is.

ohhh thanks. yeah, i may need to wait then. if i do play something, i'd love to play something short and dumb lol. 

58 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

one of the most under appreciated indie horror games of last gen (only in the west apparently. It took off in Asia it seems):wow2:

Looks like my kind of game. :wow2: 

On 2021-03-31 at 4:42 PM, -GD-X said:

It's godly. Great story, great characters and some of the best writing I've ever seen in a video game.

And all the references to various drugs and how the main protagonist constantly talks to it's own psyche is just amazing.

• aitch 1