MLB The Show is coming to Game Pass day 1

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

That's called growing.

No its called slowing.

Explain why the rate of growth is slowing.

I'm waiting.

You do understand that if they haven't announced 20 million........that means that we are reaching 3 full months now and they haven't grown 2 million subscribers yet.

2 million divided by 3 = 667K new subscribers per month.

So, a year ago they were growing by 1 million per month.

In fall 2020 they were growing by 750K per month.

And now they appear to be around 667K per month.

What's the market trend there?

Edited by jehurey
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Show's Over  

Cows literally getting hit with a pitch with this one. One of their top exclusives, now available on another platform... for FREE

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

SO you are a pathetic hater on Easter.

Good to see that you are aware of what you are.

Maybe you go spend time with y-.....oh

That's just what I'm about to do , like every other normal person . I know jerking off over remij while you spend the day alone is probably the only thing keeping you from killing yourself ...so that's good I guess . Have a good night. 

Edited by JonB
Just now, jehurey said:

No its called slowing.

Explain why the rate of growth is slowing.

I'm waiting.

New games were just announced.  Subs will grow again.

Currently there's been a lull in between their game launches.  Subs may have slowed down due to no big releases.  MS' plan is to have enough studios and 3rd parties releasing games on a consistent basis to keep those subs.  This type of stuff is largely dependent on a constant stream of new content coming in.. and MS knows this.  That's what they are gearing up for.  They aren't there yet.. obviously. 

They are at 20M right now, and will hit 30M this year I'm sure.

30M people paying $10-15 a month PLUS actually buying games and spending money on DLC and whatever else... that's good shit.

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

New games were just announced.  Subs will grow again.

They've been adding new games throughout the past year.

Why didn't the rate of growth increase?

And no...........new games were not announced?

What are the new games?

Edited by jehurey
3 minutes ago, Remij said:

I've actually even noticed that the media's opinion on Xbox is starting to change.  Articles are more positive lately too.  All this shit helps mindshare.

is mindshare your new metric...............like Twitch views?

I'm pretty sure Sony and Nintendo are perfectly happy sticking with good ol' Dollar and Cents when they measure success.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

They've been adding new games throughout the past year.

Why did the rate of growth increase?

And no...........new games were not announced?

What are the new games?

MLB was just announced... Outriders... :cosby2: 

The real test comes when Halo releases, and then they get a steady stream of new games coming in.

New games day 1... not "new to the service" games.....

Edited by Remij
Just now, jehurey said:

is mindshare your new metric...............like Twitch views?

I'm pretty sure Sony and Nintendo are perfectly happy sticking with good ol' Dollar and Cents when they measure success.

I simply stated an observation :roll: 

24 minutes ago, Remij said:

I've actually even noticed that the media's opinion on Xbox is starting to change.  Articles are more positive lately too.  All this shit helps mindshare.

Yea the media opinion changed a bit because MS finally got better content on GP.  Content will always be king. 

Edited by Goukosan
6 minutes ago, Remij said:

MLB was just announced... Outriders... :cosby2: 

The real test comes when Halo releases, and then they get a steady stream of new games coming in.

New games day 1... not "new to the service" games.....

No.

MLB was announced last year.

You think Outriders is going to cause people to sign up?:drake:

As for Halo, there are already existing subscribers that signed on because THEY ALREADY THOUGHT Halo was coming earlier.

And secondly.......Halo fans have already become Gears of War and Forza fans, its not like they are separate fanbases. There's clearly overlap, and its probably bordering on "significant overlap."

So, you would imagine that the existing GamePass subscriber base has already picked up MOST of the "Halo userbase."

Which begs the question.............Halo Master Chief Collection is basically an entirely new experience to PC gamers. Why didn't Halo MCC move the needle in GamePass subscriptions in the PC space?

We're talking about 100 million PC that are hardware capable of playing every game on the MasterChief Collection.

The only true movement I ever saw was The Outer Worlds getting the attention of PC gamers.

Edited by jehurey
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

No.

MLB was announced last year.

You think Outriders is going to cause people to sign up?:drake:

As for Halo, there are already existing subscribers that signed on because THEY ALREADY THOUGHT Halo was coming earlier.

And secondly.......Halo fans have already become Gears of War and Forza fans, its not like they are separate fanbases. There's clearly overlap, and its probably bordering on "significant overlap."

So, you would imagine that the existing GamePass subscriber base has already picked up MOST of the "Halo userbase."

Which begs the question.............Halo Master Chief Collection is basically an entirely new experience to PC gamers. Why didn't Halo MCC move the needle in GamePass subscriptions in the PC space?

We're talking about 100 million PC that are hardware capable of playing every game on the MasterChief Collection.

The only true movement I ever saw was The Outer Worlds getting the attention of PC gamers.

Not as Game Pass... that was JUST announced.. and people were stunned :reg:  

And YES LOL of course Outriders will cause people to sign up.

And Halo did incredible numbers on PC.. regardless of Game Pass... A lot of Game Pass subs joined for Halo.  GP IS NOT MS' ONLY REVENUE..... Not to mention all that was happening when MS was in the midst of fixing their Xbox App so that it was more presentable because people hated the Windows Store.

Hell, even ResetERA which are very pro Sony, are coming around to playing games on Game Pass and Epic Games Store.

You need to pay attention more.  You're so hung up on hating Phil, you completely fail to see the ways in which he's changing the equation to work in his favor for the future.  And you're REALLY upset that MS has the money to do it.

LOL Epic bleeds money all the time on giving free games away every week on their store.. and I never EVER see you concerned about Epic LOL  Your BIAS is so hilarious :smilecry: 

Edited by Remij
6 minutes ago, Remij said:

Not as Game Pass... that was JUST announced.. and people were stunned :reg:  

And YES LOL of course Outriders will cause people to sign up.

And Halo did incredible numbers on PC.. regardless of Game Pass... A lot of Game Pass subs joined for Halo.  GP IS NOT MS' ONLY REVENUE..... Not to mention all that was happening when MS was in the midst of fixing their Xbox App so that it was more presentable because people hated the Windows Store.

Hell, even ResetERA which are very pro Sony, are coming around to playing games on Game Pass and Epic Games Store.

You need to pay attention more.  You're so hung up on hating Phil, you completely fail to see the ways in which he's changing the equation to work in his favor for the future.  And you're REALLY upset that MS has the money to do it.

LOL Epic bleeds money all the time on giving free games away every week on their store.. and I never EVER see you concerned about Epic LOL  Your BIAS is so hilarious :smilecry: 

Really what numbers did Halo do?

Sorry, you need to provide hard proof.

You're not going to switch the argument to me.

Especially considering you clearly have an outright hatred for Sony and being angry for Xbox being a losing console.

I'm not the one with the bias.

Show me GamePass numbers.

Show me Halo MCC PC sales numbers.

Or else.............you have nothing but.................forum posts??????:mjgrin: That's not a metric.

Just now, jehurey said:

Really what numbers did Halo do?

Sorry, you need to provide hard proof.

You're not going to switch the argument to me.

Especially considering you clearly have an outright hatred for Sony and being angry for Xbox being a losing console.

I'm not the one with the bias.

Show me GamePass numbers.

Show me Halo MCC PC sales numbers.

Or else.............you have nothing but.................forum posts??????:mjgrin: That's not a metric.

The numbers are right there on SteamSpy.  More than 3 million confirmed.  Steam is only a fraction.

And I don't need to confirm anything other than 20M subscribers which MS already announced.  MS announced those people spend MORE on games as well.  MS isn't going to announce the subs which happen per game launch... These games launch.. and subs increase.. we have confirmation of that because the number of subs keeps growing yoy :hest: 

I don't hate Sony.  You hate Phil and Xbox far more than you think I hate Sony :tom: 

Oh, and explain Epic.

They want people to be using the Epic Game Store, so that it increases the chance that they also play Fortnight on that platform.

And that way, when they buy Fortnight microtransactions..........100% of the money is going to Epic Games.

Instead of buying V-bucks on the PS store or the Xbox Live marketplace, or Steam.

They want you buying the V-bucks on Epic Games Store.

But how do you get people to DOWNLOAD the Epic Game Store client and play Fortnight from there?

You give them free stuff and you get exclusives games that can only be found if you download the EGS app.

You see how I just explained their business logic...........and it SOUNDS logical?

Not only that, but why would Epic Games set up their own credit card payment system.......for just ONE game?  If you're already hosting the servers and running a credit card system, then you might as well offer other products.

Just now, Remij said:

The numbers are right there on SteamSpy.  More than 3 million confirmed.  Steam is only a fraction.

And I don't need to confirm anything other than 20M subscribers which MS already announced.  MS announced those people spend MORE on games as well.  MS isn't going to announce the subs which happen per game launch... These games launch.. and subs increase.. we have confirmation of that because the number of subs keeps growing yoy :hest: 

I don't hate Sony.  You hate Phil and Xbox far more than you think I hate Sony :tom: 

No they haven't announced 20 million.

No, steam is not "only" a fraction. If it is, then go find me the rest of the sales.

And Halo MCC selling 3 million.........for an entire PC userbase that never played it....is supposed to be impressive?

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Oh, and explain Epic.

They want people to be using the Epic Game Store, so that it increases the chance that they also play Fortnight on that platform.

And that way, when they buy Fortnight microtransactions..........100% of the money is going to Epic Games.

Instead of buying V-bucks on the PS store or the Xbox Live marketplace, or Steam.

They want you buying the V-bucks on Epic Games Store.

But how do you get people to DOWNLOAD the Epic Game Store client and play Fortnight from there?

You give them free stuff and you get exclusives games that can only be found if you download the EGS app.

You see how I just explained their business logic...........and it SOUNDS logical?

Not only that, but why would Epic Games set up their own credit card payment system.......for just ONE game?  If you're already hosting the servers and running a credit card system, then you might as well offer other products.

So where's your proof that Fortnight is growing due to free games on EGS.  Because I haven't played Fortnite at all, and I have over 150 free games on EGS.

Epic in store purchasing has also remained flat year to year... Which means Fortnight spending hasn't increased at all.  Look how easy I just dismantled your theory. 

Let me explain MS' business strategy to you.  MS gets people used to the idea of a gaming subscription model by having people try the service for $1... they also continually get people who don't stay on the service to re sub when there are big launches.  People come, they sub, they try games they haven't tried before... and they purchase those games.  They also remain subbed as the value alone is insane.  More people that sign up for an Xbox account, sign up for Game Pass, changes the mindshare of users to accept those services.

MS and Epic both have the money to fund building these types of services..

Edited by Remij
3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No they haven't announced 20 million.

No, steam is not "only" a fraction. If it is, then go find me the rest of the sales.

And Halo MCC selling 3 million.........for an entire PC userbase that never played it....is supposed to be impressive?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-27-xbox-game-pass-grows-to-18-million-subscribers#:~:text=Like and subscribe.&text=Microsoft has announced a new,last mentioned in September 2020.

18M.  It's at 20M now easily.

Yes, selling 3 million is impressive.. Are you fucking stupid.  Horizon ZD on PC has only sold 1 million plus... That's an exclusive game being sold to the entire PC userbase too...  :drake: 

And yes, Steam is a fraction.. because it's obviously not 100% duh :roll: 

Edited by Remij
8 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yeah, you clearly do hate Sony. Ridiculously.

Take a look at your sig.:drake:

notice how you actually move away from talking about microsoft in each one of these gamepass discussions.......and move over to talking about you basically wishing Jim Ryan failure and for Sony to fail like Microsoft.

Every time. Like clockwork.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Yeah, you clearly do hate Sony. Ridiculously.

Take a look at your sig.:drake:

notice how you actually move away from talking about microsoft in each one of these gamepass discussions.......and move over to talking about you basically wishing Jim Ryan failure and for Sony to fail like Microsoft.

Every time. Like clockwork.

Oh, you think my sig reflects how I truly feel about Sony... and isn't just a jab at idiot PS fanboys like on SYSTEMWARS.NET??? :mj: 

And you LITERALLY brought up my sig.. and Jim Ryan... not me LMFAO :mj: 

Edited by Remij