MLB The Show is coming to Game Pass day 1

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Show's Over  

Cows literally getting hit with a pitch with this one. One of their top exclusives, now available on another platform... for FREE

Just now, Remij said:

Whether they've shown them or not makes no difference...

Yes it does make a difference.

It shows that it is not growing at an impressive pace.

Because if it were.........and you want Microsoft to SCARE Sony.

The best to scare them is by showing the massive growth.

Same reason why Sony and Nintendo don't mind posting hardware numbers.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

I'm not even sure the point you're trying to make to me.

I've already said.. as a consumer it's not my job to worry about it.  GP is an incredible value for the people that choose to use it....  That doesn't change because of Nintendo and Sony's success...

I'm 100% telling you though, that I believe that as MS continues to chip away at the market.. more and more people will question the value of spending $70 on every game.. or paying a sub fee as it suits them.

We've seen it before.  You guys even laugh about GP taking $70 sales away from MS... but then MS comes out and says people who sub to Game Pass play more games, and spend more money on games....

You guys don't have the numbers.... You need to stop thinking you are smarter than MS lol

You're not sure of the point in Trying to make?  I've already stated it clearly. 😕

Both Nintendo and Sony do not need to do a gamepass model at this point.  They're both breaking records in both hardware and software. They both deliver must have exclusive content, that's why their software and hardware sales have been through the roof last gen. 

They're not going to drop that anytime soon for a gamepass model.  MS is investing billions into this and willing to take a loss on gamepass in order to invest for the future in hopes that it turns into the Netflix of gaming. 

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Except you specifically DO WORRY about Sony, fron an analytical perspective.

WHen we ask you to address the flaws we see in GamePass...............you suddenly do the "I'm a consumer, I dun worry about that!" :trump2:line.

Nope.  I see a market trend... and Sony has to adopt..  They have no choice.

And that's right... MS can run their business.. I play games.  I'm perfectly capable of determining the value of the service as a consumer.

Just now, Goukosan said:

You're not sure of the point in Trying to make?  I've already stated it clearly. 😕

Both Nintendo and Sony do not need to do a gamepass model at this point.  They're both breaking records in both hardware and software. They both deliver must have exclusive content, that's why their software and hardware sales have been through the roof last gen. 

They're not going to drop that anytime soon for a gamepass model.  MS is investing billions into this and willing to take a loss on gamepass in order to invest for the future in hopes that it turns into the Netflix of gaming. 

I never said they did breh.  Where are you getting that from?

You're not saying anything I disagree with.

My only point to you is that eventually Sony will adopt a similar model.  They absolutely will.

Just now, Remij said:

Nope.  I see a market trend...

No you don't see a "market trend"

Because you have to POST NUMBERS to the industry to show that its a "market trend"

Once again............Disney Plus posts 95 million subscribers.

HBOmax posts 37.7 million subscribers in their first quarter.

There's a market trend..........and they prove it by SHOWING NUMBERS.

Let me know when you have them.  Until then.............no, you don't see anything.

Just now, Remij said:

I never said they did breh.  Where are you getting that from?

You're not saying anything I disagree with.

My only point to you is that eventually Sony will adopt a similar model.  They absolutely will.

You cannot say that with a certainty because even with GP Xbox is in a distant third both hardware and software wise. 

Until MS can start dominating the gaming market with the GP model then you will see other follow suit and change their entire model. 

Until till that point, Nintendo and Sony will continue to break records.

Just now, jehurey said:

No you don't see a "market trend"

Because you have to POST NUMBERS to the industry to show that its a "market trend"

Once again............Disney Plus posts 95 million subscribers.

HBOmax posts 37.7 million subscribers in their first quarter.

There's a market trend..........and they prove it by SHOWING NUMBERS.

Let me know when you have them.  Until then.............no, you don't see anything.

MS has been announcing roughly every 10m subs.  It's growing.. and you're not changing that fact.

MLB will no doubt bring that number up too.. which is why MS and MLB probably wanted this so badly.  Getting those sports gamers in the fold.

I love that you keep comparing Games to Movies and TV... lmao.  Gamers are much slower to adopt new business models when given the choice.

This year MS will hit 30m...  That's a LOT of people paying $10-$15 per month son...  And MS has already shown that those consumers are playing more and spending more than they were before.  Developers and publishers have stated that it's actually HELPED their physical game sales...

They're building it up son.. brick by brick.  They're going to keep piling on the value until they get to where they want to be.

1 minute ago, JonB said:

By telling the truth ? Lol you are such an embarrassment. 

That you're a pathetic hater?

Good to see that you didn't deny it. Keep hating me on Easter! (because apparently that's important to note, LOL)

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You cannot say that with a certainty because even with GP Xbox is in a distant third both hardware and software wise. 

Until MS can start dominating the gaming market with the GP model then you will see other follow suit and change their entire model. 

Until till that point, Nintendo and Sony will continue to break records.

Just like nobody here can say anything with any certainty... 

And I disagree... we're already seeing Sony follow MS in certain areas.. like offering their first party games as part of PSPlus... by adding newer games to PSNow... They're seeing what MS is doing and reacting.

Problem is with services... you really need to react fast.. or pre-emptively counter.. because once something takes off and you miss that boat.. then you're wayyyyy behind.

Again... This isn't Xbox's primary revenue stream...selling games is.  This is augmenting that for the moment and giving people another choice in how they want to play games.

That you're a pathetic hater?

Good to see that you didn't deny it. Keep hating me on Easter! (because apparently that's important to note, LOL)

No , that's you're a pathetic loser . Why do you do this ? 

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

MS has been announcing roughly every 10m subs.  It's growing..

No, its not growing at any fast pace.

They announced they made 10 million subs in APRIL 2020.

And then it took them 5 months to get to 15 million subs in September 2020.

That's 1 million subs a month.

It took them to get to 18 million in February 2021 (four months)

That's 750, 000 subs a month.

Its slowing down.

..................in a PANDEMIC in which everybody is home, and they released two new consoles during that time.

Explain why its slowing down.

1 minute ago, JonB said:

No , that's you're a pathetic loser . Why do you do this ? 

No, I'm not the one spending their Easter coming into a thread to whine about a person.

You're doing that, right?

Just now, jehurey said:

No, I'm not the one spending their Easter coming into a thread to whine about a person.

You're doing that, right?

Yeah , cause you're embarrassing.  Just trying to let you see that.  Go spend time with your family.  It will be better for you than this obsessive rehash that you do daily . 

No, its not growing at any fast pace.

They announced they made 10 million subs in APRIL 2020.

And then it took them 5 months to get to 15 million subs in September 2020.

That's 1 million subs a month.

It took them to get to 18 million in February 2021 (four months)

That's 750, 000 subs a month.

Its slowing down.

..................in a PANDEMIC in which everybody is home, and they released two new consoles during that time.

Explain why its slowing down.

That's called growing.

20M is the only number you need to worry about.  And this year they will cross 30M.  

Thinking about that... MS only sold 50M consoles....

And those 20M are spending MORE on games than they were before.

Now MLB and Outriders... who knows what else they have in the future.  But when big games like TES6 and Fallout and Halo Infinite hit.. subs are going to jump again and again.

2 minutes ago, JonB said:

Yeah , cause you're embarrassing.  Just trying to let you see that.  Go spend time with your family.  It will be better for you than this obsessive rehash that you do daily . 

SO you are a pathetic hater on Easter.

Good to see that you are aware of what you are.

Maybe you go spend time with y-.....oh