New RE Village gameplay - captured on a PS4 Pro

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yea, it's still going to look fucking awesome.  It's a 60fps RE Engine Resident Evil game after all.  Also got RT      

How's that silent hill reveal going?   Come on man, you're not jonb level dumb. You very clearly know how much im emphasizing on the fact Capcom is 3rd party. They have no horse in the race.

Game looks great to me and that's on Cuckstation 4 Pro? It means it's going to look great on my PC, awesome.

I want dat witch bitch to torture me and suck me dry :aitch:  RE :wow:  yo this game looks sick

Edited by kaz
  • Haha 1
51 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Nah it was "teh Series X tools" :bena:

Nah.  The insider specifically said it was Sony's machine causing the issues and that the Series X and PC were fine.

Game was definitely downgraded in certain elements.  Oh well, it's still going to be awesome. :glad: 

3 hours ago, Remij said:

Nah.  The insider specifically said it was Sony's machine causing the issues and that the Series X and PC were fine.

Game was definitely downgraded in certain elements.  Oh well, it's still going to be awesome. :glad: 

but as the results have shown, it was "teh Series X tools"  :mj:

31 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

not surprised at all. it looked great on the ps5, but it still felt very rooted in last gen. 

Yea, it's still going to look fucking awesome.  It's a 60fps RE Engine Resident Evil game after all.  Also got RT :wow2: 

• Upvote 1
  • aitch 1

Anyone thinking this was ever next gen only when not even MS or Sony hardly even have next gen only games. :mj:

I'm sure Capcom as a 3rd party dev with zero horse in the next gen race, really want to prioritise the less than 10m next gen consoles over the combined 160m+ audience of both gens. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Anyone thinking this was ever next gen only when not even MS or Sony hardly even have next gen only games. :mj:

I'm sure Capcom as a 3rd party dev with zero horse in the next gen race, really want to prioritise the less than 10m next gen consoles over the combined 160m+ audience of both gens. 

It was at one point.

They were making it for last gen and next gen, then next gen excited them and they wanted to do cool shit and make it next gen only... and then PS5 wasn't cutting it... so they had to dial back their ambitions.. so then they said fuck it and here we are :shrug: 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

It clearly started as a PS4/Xbox One game anyway. RE7 is already quite old at this point, it came out in what, early 2017? This game has been in production way before they knew anything about the next-gen consoles.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Remij said:

It was at one point.

They were making it for last gen and next gen, then next gen excited them and they wanted to do cool shit and make it next gen only... and then PS5 wasn't cutting it... so they had to dial back their ambitions.. so then they said fuck it and here we are :shrug: 

Sorry don't believe it. There is no doubt this was originally and always a last gen game. Teams scaling back or adjusting ambitions based on hardware and the like is extremely normal. Happens in every game but there is no way this went from being years in dev for PS4/Xbox One gen to becoming next gen only  to then back to cross gen because 'teh PS5'. Makes no sense from any perspective (business, development, etc). Don't care what 'insider' who has been wrong about so many things said. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

Sorry don't believe it. There is no doubt this was originally and always a last gen game. Teams scaling back or adjusting ambitions based on hardware and the like is extremely normal. Happens in every game but there is no way this went from being years in dev for PS4/Xbox One gen to becoming next gen only  to then back to cross gen because 'teh PS5'. Makes no sense from any perspective (business, development, etc). Don't care what 'insider' who has been wrong about so many things said. 

Wrong about so many things? 

lol sure.

And of course it doesn't make business sense... that's what Jon and I were telling you clowns when you guys were blabbing on about Sony believing in generations (LMAO)

The fact remains.. Capcom wanted to do more with this game, and PS was causing issues.  Now we're getting a very clearly last gen RE game.  It's fine. :shrug: 

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

This will be the 2nd multiplat I get for PS5. Thanks Sony for making PeeC irrelevant :tom:

Wow, sound like you're really getting the most out of your PS5. One exclusive you hated and two multiplats that are best on PC?! Amazing.:cmpunk2:

Meanwhile I bought 106 games on STEAM in the same time frame.

Just now, Remij said:

Wrong about so many things? 

lol sure.

And of course it doesn't make business sense... that's what Jon and I were telling you clowns when you guys were blabbing on about Sony believing in generations (LMAO)

The fact remains.. Capcom wanted to do more with this game, and PS was causing issues.  Now we're getting a very clearly last gen RE game.  It's fine. :shrug: 

How's that silent hill reveal going?

Come on man, you're not jonb level dumb. You very clearly know how much im emphasizing on the fact Capcom is 3rd party. They have no horse in the race. Comparing that to Sony is beyond dumb. Sony have every intention in the world to quickly get ppl onto the PS5, although I can very much now see how much the supply issue has effected them. Defs not worth dropping major exclusives right now when they can't even sell as many console as they wish.

The fact remains......based on a tweet I read from an anonymous source :tom:

• Haha 2
Just now, Ramza said:

Wow, sound like you're really getting the most out of your PS5. One exclusive you hated and two multiplats that are best on PC?! Amazing.:cmpunk2:

Meanwhile I bought 106 games on STEAM in the same time frame.

Here's also Twinblade:

Select quotes:

"PS doesn't have much more than Xbox tbh"

"I wouldn't recommend a PS5 to anyone.."

"I've barely touched mine since the first few weeks"

:rofl: :rofls: 

• Geese 1