New RE Village gameplay - captured on a PS4 Pro

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Sorry don't believe it. There is no doubt this was originally and always a last gen game. Teams scaling back or adjusting ambitions based on hardware and the like is extremely normal. Happens in every game but there is no way this went from being years in dev for PS4/Xbox One gen to becoming next gen only  to then back to cross gen because 'teh PS5'. Makes no sense from any perspective (business, development, etc). Don't care what 'insider' who has been wrong about so many things said. 

I agree, Capcom revealed the game at the same time as MS and Sony were revealing their new consoles. They were simply riding off the hype for next-gen. Most likely always had last-gen versions in production, you don't change your plans like that a few months before release.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yea, it's still going to look fucking awesome.  It's a 60fps RE Engine Resident Evil game after all.  Also got RT      

How's that silent hill reveal going?   Come on man, you're not jonb level dumb. You very clearly know how much im emphasizing on the fact Capcom is 3rd party. They have no horse in the race.

Game looks great to me and that's on Cuckstation 4 Pro? It means it's going to look great on my PC, awesome.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Here's also Twinblade:

Select quotes:

"PS doesn't have much more than Xbox tbh"

"I wouldn't recommend a PS5 to anyone.."

"I've barely touched mine since the first few weeks"

:rofl: :rofls: 

:tom:

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

I agree, Capcom revealed the game at the same time as MS and Sony were revealing their new consoles. They were simply riding off the hype for next-gen. Most likely always had last-gen versions in production, you don't change your plans like that a few months before release.

They did the exact same thing as Sony and others did in the PS5 reveal. Show the game during the show, mention just PS5 (because the focus is on PS5 during that show) and not mention it has other versions that always existed. Exact same as Horizon and Miles Morales. 

Thinking this shifted generations upwards completely and abandoned the past gen years in development is beyond dumb

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

They did the exact same thing as Sony and others did in the PS5 reveal. Show the game during the show, mention just PS5 (because the focus is on PS5 during that show) and not mention it has other versions that always existed. Exact same as Horizon and Miles Morales. 

Thinking this shifted generations upwards completely and abandoned the past gen years in development is beyond dumb

Well in the case of first party games it does make some sense though. You want to give a reason to your old fanbase to buy your new shiny console. Not necessarily with all their games but a few select titles does make some sense.

They've done it with Demon's Souls anyway, it could probably run fine on a PS4 with some downgrades.

• Upvote 1

Cross gen 3rd party releases on PS3/PS4 and 360/X1 happened for over an entire year plus but Remij somehow STILL believes that Capcom would release this exclusively to next gen systems 6 months into the gen? 

:drake:

On top of that didn't the Capcom hacked files show that this was ALWAYS planned as a cross gen game? 

Hmmmm who to believe, Capcom's internal documents or Remij's "sources"?... lmfao. 

Edited by Goukosan
2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Cross gen 3rd party releases on PS3/PS4 and 360/X1 happened for over an entire year plus but Remij somehow STILL believes that Capcom would release this exclusively to next gen systems 6 months into the gen? 

:drake:

On top of that didn't the Capcom hacked files show that this was ALWAYS planned as a cross gen game? 

Hmmmm who to believe, Capcom's internal documents or Remij's "sources"?... lmfao. 

You've already been told exactly how this all went down... LMAO  Dusk Golem laid it out exactly.

Believe whatever helps you sleep better at night dude :smilecry: 

And it's EXTREMELY hilarious that I was the one person here that was defending cross gen games... when the rest of you fags were going on about Sony dropping it like a rock and focusing on PS5 :drake: 

Now it's "bubut why would anyone release a next gen exclusive" :danylol: 

Dusk Golem says that at the start of 2020, Resident Evil Village was a "100 per cent a cross-gen game, aiming to release in January 2021". However, the devs wanted to use the loading speed of the next-gen consoles to re-introduce certain scenes that were cut from the game because of the current-gen consoles' slow loading. 

The focus on next-gen also allowed Capcom to do a lot more in terms of graphical fidelity with improved shadows, effects and character models. Dusk Golem claims that things went downhill after that since the next-gen improvements are causing a lot of problems and are affecting the PS5 version. On the other hand, PC and Xbox Series X versions are doing fine.

The insider claims that the devs are debating if they should go all-in on next-gen for all the benefits the new hardware brings or cut back to make the game more widely available.  "They've even been giving some questionnaires to testers including asking about the next-gen or cross-gen focus," Dusk Golem claims.

So it was a cross gen game... content was cut because devs started getting overly ambitious but the I/O of last gen consoles wasn't cutting it.  They wanted to do more with the extra power of the new consoles.  PS5 was having issues for whatever reason.  Capcom debated whether they should drop the last gen versions and go "all in" on next gen.  They questioned testers and came to the conclusion that since PS5 wasn't cutting it.. they might as well continue the game as cross-gen.

The game was officially announced for PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X and Series S with a 2021 release date. According to an insider, Resident Evil Village is technically playable on current-gen consoles, and demonstrations of the project to the test group were often held on the PlayStation 4 Pro. However, the new systems provided faster load times, which Capcom was delighted with, so the company ditched the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions.

Pretty simple.  It's so obvious the only reason you guys don't want to believe him this time... is because it's something negative about Sony and the PS5. :smilecry: 

Edited by Remij

Honestly while I think the game will be good im not really that enthusiastic for it. I really liked the whole grounded approach to 7 and its remote plantation setting, that was one of the things that made it unique and refreshing. Here they seem to be just chucking you into these fantastical environments and putting a bunch of supernatural themes and enemies right at the forefront, and its just not resonating with me in the same way.

On 2021-04-03 at 4:08 AM, Remij said:

You've already been told exactly how this all went down... LMAO  Dusk Golem laid it out exactly.

Believe whatever helps you sleep better at night dude :smilecry: 

And it's EXTREMELY hilarious that I was the one person here that was defending cross gen games... when the rest of you fags were going on about Sony dropping it like a rock and focusing on PS5 :drake: 

Now it's "bubut why would anyone release a next gen exclusive" :danylol: 

Hey retard, stop conflating a 3rd party dev with a first party dev. Sony has incentives to release Next gen exclusives because they want PS4 owners to upgrade to a PS5.  They already released one at launch and will release another one soon.   All within a few months of PS5's launch.  Now that doesn't mean all their releases will be next gen only, but they will be the only developer releasing next gen only games within a few months of the system's launch this gen. 

3rd party devs on the other hand do not have a horse in this race and just care about selling the most copies possible.   

You would have to be incredibly dumb to believe a 3rd party dev would release a next-gen exclusive a FEW MONTHS INTO THE GEN when as shown with PS3 - PS4 and 360 to X1 3rd parties focused on cross gen games for a while damn year. 

You clowns were pushing that PS5 was having development issues months leading up to launch. 

But when the system's launched... it turned out it was Series X having issues and then the damage control turned to "bbbbbut teh Series X tools"  :awww:.    All your "sources" were wrong, yet your clown ass kept twisting and turning into a pretzel to believe that non sense even after reality smacked you in your face😂🤣

Edited by Goukosan
13 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Hey retard, stop conflating a 3rd party dev with a first party dev. Sony has incentives to release Next gen exclusives because they want PS4 owners to upgrade to a PS5.  They already released one at launch and will release another one soon.   All within a few months of PS5's launch.  Now that doesn't mean all their releases will be next gen only, but they will be the only developer releasing next gen only games within a few months of the system's launch this gen. 

3rd party devs on the other hand do not have a horse in this race and just care about selling the most copies possible.   

You would have to be incredibly dumb to believe a 3rd party dev would release a next-gen exclusive a FEW MONTHS INTO THE GEN when as shown with PS3 - PS4 and 360 to X1 3rd parties focused on cross gen games for a while damn year. 

You clowns were pushing that PS5 was having development issues months leading up to launch. 

But when the system's launched... it turned out it was Series X having issues and then the damage control turned to "bbbbbut teh Series X tools"  :awww:.    All your "sources" were wrong, yet your clown ass kept twisting and turning into a pretzel to believe that non sense even after reality smacked you in your face😂🤣

I'm not conflating anything sweetie.  Sony ALSO has incentives to release games that sell as many units as possible to as many people as possible.... because that's where they make their money.  As evidenced by the fact that half the games you idiots thought were going to be exclusive with the "we believe in generations" bullshit... turned out to NOT be, and are indeed cross gen.  Then you guys tried so hard to walk it back... saying "oh yea well of course"

Just fucking admit you guys got clowned ffs...  Oh Demon's Souls?  Yay a PS3 game with a new lick of paint..  PS5 has been a shit show.  You've got NOTHING but PS4 60fps game patches ffs :drake: 

3rd party devs DO have a horse in this race... new systems mean new opportunities to raise the bar, better exposure for their games if they catch the launch hype cycle.. and so on.  

Don't conflate me with DynamiteCop son.... I specifically said a single game was having dev issues... RE8.. and I certainly still believe that.  And as for other games... well... PS5 has VERY FEW games which ACTUALLY hit native 4K... so...

And no you idiot... I also said it was strange that MS hadn't been showing Series X gameplay for anything.  I called that out as well... but your butthurt ass glossed over that fact.  And I said before launch that MS' tools weren't ready and that they were further behind that Sony.  Keep trying :smilecry: 

57 minutes ago, Remij said:

I'm not conflating anything sweetie.  Sony ALSO has incentives to release games that sell as many units as possible to as many people as possible.... because that's where they make their money.  As evidenced by the fact that half the games you idiots thought were going to be exclusive with the "we believe in generations" bullshit... turned out to NOT be, and are indeed cross gen.  Then you guys tried so hard to walk it back... saying "oh yea well of course"

Just fucking admit you guys got clowned ffs...  Oh Demon's Souls?  Yay a PS3 game with a new lick of paint..  PS5 has been a shit show.  You've got NOTHING but PS4 60fps game patches ffs :drake: 

3rd party devs DO have a horse in this race... new systems mean new opportunities to raise the bar, better exposure for their games if they catch the launch hype cycle.. and so on.  

Don't conflate me with DynamiteCop son.... I specifically said a single game was having dev issues... RE8.. and I certainly still believe that.  And as for other games... well... PS5 has VERY FEW games which ACTUALLY hit native 4K... so...

And no you idiot... I also said it was strange that MS hadn't been showing Series X gameplay for anything.  I called that out as well... but your butthurt ass glossed over that fact.  And I said before launch that MS' tools weren't ready and that they were further behind that Sony.  Keep trying :smilecry: 

Did you forget your dumbass believed the Series X reveal showcase was all gameplay? 😂🤣😂🤣.   I told your dumbass it wasn't, "bbbbut that Forza footage was real-time gameplay I swearz it :awww:

it's only MONTHS later when it was getting closer to launch then you realized that MS wasn't showing shit. 

You don't get credit for a backtrack clown 🤡 

and even then you were still pushing the PS5 development issues BS..... until both systems launched and it turned out that Series X was the one with development issues all this time.... 'bbbbbut teh tools 😢 "

The new Ratchet is PS5 only, as I said they will be the only Dev releasing next-gen only games within a few months of launch this gen.  Doesn't mean they aren't releasing cross gen too, they don't want the PS4 base to feel abandoned but they also want to slowly transition them to PS5 this year.  It's a balancing act.   

Compare that to 3rd parties, who are not releasing a Single next gen AAA exclusive within a few months of a system's launch.... Expecting RE8 to be next gen exclusive 6 months into the gen is beyond dumb 😂🤣

and then for you to double down even after Capcom's own internal documents said otherwise.... fucking idiot.. lmfao 

Edited by Goukosan
On 2021-04-02 at 5:12 PM, Remij said:

It was at one point.

They were making it for last gen and next gen, then next gen excited them and they wanted to do cool shit and make it next gen only... and then PS5 wasn't cutting it... so they had to dial back their ambitions.. so then they said fuck it and here we are :shrug: 

You are full of shit and you know it.  

9 minutes ago, lostfool said:

You are full of shit and you know it.  

Nah.  It's quite clear Capcom has dialed the game back.  And thanks to a well known Resident Evil insider, we know why.

Thanks Playstation :reg: 

35 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Did you forget your dumbass believed the Series X reveal showcase was all gameplay? 😂🤣😂🤣.   I told your dumbass it wasn't, "bbbbut that Forza footage was real-time gameplay I swearz it :awww:

it's only MONTHS later when it was getting closer to launch then you realized that MS wasn't showing shit. 

You don't get credit for a backtrack clown 🤡 

and even then you were still pushing the PS5 development issues BS..... until both systems launched and it turned out that Series X was the one with development issues all this time.... 'bbbbbut teh tools 😢 "

The new Ratchet is PS5 only, as I said they will be the only Dev releasing next-gen only games within a few months of launch this gen.  Doesn't mean they aren't releasing cross gen too, they don't want the PS4 base to feel abandoned but they also want to slowly transition them to PS5 this year.  It's a balancing act.   

Compare that to 3rd parties, who are not releasing a Single next gen AAA exclusive within a few months of a system's launch.... Expecting RE8 to be next gen exclusive 6 months into the gen is beyond dumb 😂🤣

and then for you to double down even after Capcom's own internal documents said otherwise.... fucking idiot.. lmfao 

Hunnie... that Forza footage WAS real-time in game visuals....  when has Forza EVER shown off trailers that weren't? :tom: 

And LOL.. Capcom's internal documents line up EXACTLY with what Dusk Golem was saying.. :mj: Don't you fucking DARE try to say otherwise you fucking clown ass bitch :tom: 

Edited by Remij
29 minutes ago, Remij said:

Nah.  It's quite clear Capcom has dialed the game back.  And thanks to a well known Resident Evil insider, we know why.

Thanks Playstation :reg: 

Who is this "well known loser"?

6 minutes ago, lostfool said:

Who is this "well known loser"?

Someone who has direct access to people at Capcom.  Someone who has continually proven their reliability in the past regarding Resident Evil specifically.

And why is it only the sheep that are butthurt about this? :mj: 

19 minutes ago, Remij said:

Someone who has direct access to people at Capcom.  Someone who has continually proven their reliability in the past regarding Resident Evil specifically.

Ok so a nobody loser that knows nothing.  

1 hour ago, Remij said:

This game isn't even coming to Ditch lmao why are they losing their shit over it . Obsessed idiots