Finally decided to give the Assassin's Creed franchise a chance, although starting way latter in the series.

I just got the Assassin's Creed antiquity pack which comes bundled with both Origins and Odyssey for $25.

I couldn't pass this up as I had been checking reviews to which one was better. People say Origins has a better story and cohesion but I personally have always loved the ancient Greek mythology.

So seeing as both were on sale, I decided to get this pack.

odyssey requires a bit of a grind, at first, but it pays off. it's long af, though (can take 60 -100 hours to beat). i highly recommend you do the mythology quests too. they aren't part of the campaign, but add a lot to the story. the first one is mandatory, so you'll know what i'm talking about. i actually preferred its ending more than the main campaign's.

i think the recent valhalla title is the best of the 3, with origins being the most accessible (only 20 hours to beat, but it feels more shallow than its sequels).

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

odyssey requires a bit of a grind, at first, but it pays off. it's long af, though (can take 60 -100 hours to beat). i highly recommend you do the mythology quests too. they aren't part of the campaign, but add a lot to the story. the first one is mandatory, so you'll know what i'm talking about. i actually preferred its ending more than the main campaign's.

i think the recent valhalla title is the best of the 3, with origins being the most accessible (about 20 hours to beat), but it feels more shallow than its sequels. 

To be expected on during a new console cusp. The first year of coexisting console brands seem leave certain things off the table in order to holiday launch window ship. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

To be expected on during a new console cusp. The first year of coexisting console brands seem leave certain things off the table in order to holiday launch window ship. 

i wrote it incorrectly. i meant origins is shallow. i'd say valhalla is the deepest of the 3. 

7 hours ago, -GD-X said:

i think the recent valhalla title is the best of the 3, with origins being the most accessible (only 20 hours to beat, but it feels more shallow than its sequels).

Was never a fan of the series but re-tried the first one. It was too clunky but saw its potential.

Saw videos of both Origins and Odyssey.

I liked Odyssey more for its mythology but so far Origins plays well.

Love the fact that you learn a bit history when playing these games.

17 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Was never a fan of the series but re-tried the first one. It was too clunky but saw its potential.

Saw videos of both Origins and Odyssey.

I liked Odyssey more for its mythology but so far Origins plays well.

Love the fact that you learn a bit history when playing these games.

It’s good to play them in order. It’s pretty wild how much each one improves over the other. Valhalla is my favorite - by far. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

Rate your disappointment 

:kaz:  this is so accurate. lemshites and the occasional xbox fan (because they got too much money and love the two more extra pixels) will never admit it's a redundant system nobody needs. 

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

you could try one of the better older games like Black Flag or Syndicate to start. Then once you jump into Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla you'll have a good idea of how much the series has progressed

I started playing Black Flag on my PC, which unfortunately is a poor optimized port.

But I was surprised at how small the towns are. So its appears like its a big game, but its full of a bunch of relatively small towns.

Havana is a place where you can get all the collectibles and sync up the whole town in about two hours.

7 hours ago, jehurey said:

I started playing Black Flag on my PC, which unfortunately is a poor optimized port.

But I was surprised at how small the towns are. So its appears like its a big game, but its full of a bunch of relatively small towns.

Havana is a place where you can get all the collectibles and sync up the whole town in about two hours.

Ha play odyssey. That game is massive! 

5 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Origins looks big too so far.

Very realisticly placed with huge straights of sand, like it should be.

Oh it is, but odyssey and Valhalla are insanely big. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

lmfao at cowshits getting triggered whenever someone is enjoying a superior multiplat on Xbox.

yo my bad, for some reason I thought we were in the other thread about xbox. my post doesn't make any sense here :D