I got a Galaxy s21 because it was free

That's what I was thinking of upgrading to from my S10+ at the end of this year.

I think the screen is 120hz now compared to 60hz in the S10(+) lineup.  So I mean surely it's quite a bit smoother?

Just now, Remij said:

That's what I was thinking of upgrading to from my S10+ at the end of this year.

I think the screen is 120hz now compared to 60hz in the S10(+) lineup.  So I mean surely it's quite a bit smoother?

Yeah the 120hz is adaptive tho and wrecks your battery. Goes from like 10 hours to maybe 7. It looks a bit smoother but not something id use all the time.

the s20 ultras or whatever are apparently a lot better spec wise so if you get that it might be more of a difference, but i dont want a big ass phone

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

i'm not too familiar with the galaxy line, but the camera probably is significantly better, especially in low light. 

I thought my s10 camera was pretty good but im not a photo snob. Like it worked good for snapchat and fb pictures lol. The camera itself looks nicer tho

Just now, JonbX said:

Yeah the 120hz is adaptive tho and wrecks your battery. Goes from like 10 hours to maybe 7. It looks a bit smoother but not something id use all the time.

the s20 ultras or whatever are apparently a lot better spec wise so if you get that it might be more of a difference, but i dont want a big ass phone

Oh yea?  I'd likely go for the Ultra yea.  Was gonna start looking into it in the fall.. since that'll be right around the time my previous contract is up.  Still deciding.

My provider has already messaged me once though asking how I'm liking the phone...I'm assuming they'll have some kind of deal or whatever for the new phones to get me to upgrade, but I never responded lol..  In all fairness the S10+ is perfectly good for me.  There's no real reason for me to need the latest shit every 2 years.  I don't game on my phone so the power that's there is already plenty.

I'll see what kind of deals and shit they're offering anyway I guess.

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

Oh yea?  I'd likely go for the Ultra yea.  Was gonna start looking into it in the fall.. since that'll be right around the time my previous contract is up.  Still deciding.

My provider has already messaged me once though asking how I'm liking the phone...I'm assuming they'll have some kind of deal or whatever for the new phones to get me to upgrade, but I never responded lol..  In all fairness the S10+ is perfectly good for me.  There's no real reason for me to need the latest shit every 2 years.  I don't game on my phone so the power that's there is already plenty.

I'll see what kind of deals and shit they're offering anyway I guess.

The ultra looks pretty beastly spec wise. Im fine with my s10 too but they kept on offering the s21 for free so why not. I mean idk how they doing that but ill take it.

50 minutes ago, JonbX said:

The ultra looks pretty beastly spec wise. Im fine with my s10 too but they kept on offering the s21 for free so why not. I mean idk how they doing that but ill take it.

Yea I'll have to check it out. :fblike: