Jason Schreier - Sony's Obsession with Blockbuster games is stirring unrest within the Playstation empire

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i love hennig. while she killed it with the UC games, i'll never forget how epic the soul reaver titles were. it was crazy playing action-adventure games, back then, with stellar VO and acting (metal

Yep.  She's one of the best.  The Legacy of Kain games were so far ahead in many aspects as you said.  The crazy environment morphing and puzzles, and yes.. the voice acting was just phenomenal.  Simo

They're.... literally remaking TLOU...  That's what Naughty Dog is doing right now... remaking a 2013 game...     No wonder why their games are coming to PC now.  Sony literally want to milk

Shawn Layden was a real one too.

It's so obvious now why Amy Hennig left Sony and never looked back.  She knew what was going on long before most and wanted no more part of it.  She's a creative person who wanted to create... but NuSony just wanted rinse and repeat :shake: 

10 minutes ago, Remij said:

Shawn Layden was a real one too.

It's so obvious now why Amy Hennig left Sony and never looked back.  She knew what was going on long before most and wanted no more part of it.  She's a creative person who wanted to create... but NuSony just wanted rinse and repeat :shake: 

i love hennig. while she killed it with the UC games, i'll never forget how epic the soul reaver titles were. it was crazy playing action-adventure games, back then, with stellar VO and acting (metal gear solid was the only other i can think of, at the time). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i love hennig. while she killed it with the UC games, i'll never forget how epic the soul reaver titles were. it was crazy playing action-adventure games, back then, with stellar VO and acting (metal gear solid was the only other i can think of, at the time). 

Yep.  She's one of the best.  The Legacy of Kain games were so far ahead in many aspects as you said.  The crazy environment morphing and puzzles, and yes.. the voice acting was just phenomenal.  Simon Templeman :wow2: 

Edited by Remij
  • Like 2
Just now, Remij said:

Yep.  She's one of the best.  The Legacy of Kain games were so far ahead in many aspects as you said.  The crazy environment morphing and puzzles, and yes.. the voice acting was just phenomenal.  Simon Templeton :wow2: 

some of the soul reaver puzzles were pure genius. there was no hand-holding either :wow2:

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

some of the soul reaver puzzles were pure genius. there was no hand-holding either :wow2:

Fuck yea.  Just godly all around.  Visually too it was pushing PS1 so hard.  One of the first games to properly use streaming assets off the CD-ROM.

Kain's VO :smoke: 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Remij said:

EyjRjxdVcAEQGt7?format=jpg&name=large

:geese: 

I still can't believe they're remaking TLOU1 right now :mj: 

Yeah I was beginning to notice they really lack variety. It's all 3rd person action adventure. 

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Fuck yea.  Just godly all around.  Visually too it was pushing PS1 so hard.  One of the first games to properly use streaming assets off the CD-ROM.

Kain's VO :smoke: 

Damn bro...I still get chills. i played the first one on Dreamcast. It blew my mind with its 60 FPS and cleaned up graphics. Kain’s VO was so haunting and cool. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

The TV series is coming out, the game is being remade with the actors from the show.  That's a smart move. 

lol uh, what?

That's.... FUCKING RIDICULOUS :lul: 

13 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Are you surprised? How many Spider-Man reboots have there been? :D 

If they REMAKE TLOU1 and 2 and make the characters look more like the TV show actors... I will fucking LAUGH MY ASS OFF.

They're just asking for trouble.  No wonder why people are leaving ND left and right :lul: 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Its going to be tied to the show and do better than any MS title over the last decade and the next 5 years :drake:

So instead of a show tied to a game... they're remaking and retconning the 2 titles of the series... to tie the game to the show :drake: 

And no...  Minecraft is more successful than any game Sony will ever make. :tom: 

"it's going to do better than any Xbox game"

Yea, that's your metric for whether you like something or not... saleswars cum on me :mj: 

I'll take Halo Infinite, Hellblade 2, Forza Horizon 5, Perfect Dark, Avowed, Fable, TES6 and whatever else MS has cooking... over fucking GoW2, Horizon 2, Spider Man 2.. :cruise: