Sony... your fanboi fanbase need some good news pronto... they're losing it over the last couple weeks of negativity lmao

5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Last year, I was 80/20 with Sony/MS.

Now, I’m 55/45 MS/Sony.

The Sony fanboys need to just relax and weather this.  Once Sony starts showing off PS5 games proper.. they'll forget a lot of this stuff.

But there's going to be a chunk of people that wont.. and some people will see that Sony might create new IP and make fire looking shit... but it will follow the "open world narrative story driven game" genre that they know makes them money.

The sad thing is that Days Gone SOLD extremely well for a new IP.  Days Gone 2 should have been a no brainer.. but they said no, and now that studio is apparently just helping Naughty Dog with a remake of TLOU that THEY pitched in the first place.. lol  

Shawn Layden even said the AAA space as it is is not sustainable.  When the stakes are THIS big.. they only go with surefire hits.. and if you fuck up even once... you're DONE.  It seems that the Sony of the past.. the one who pushed mature games, that pushed creativity, that experimented on projects, has been pushed aside.  The execs there are FAR more corporate and conservative now.  They aren't about the games and the art from what I can tell.  Jim Ryan may be amazing at his job... but don't tell me him and Herman Hulst are more passionate about games and creativity than Andrew House and Shawn Layden or Shuhei Yoshida.  Shuhei is running the indie dev side now, which is really smart of them.  Shu is a creative person and was about taking risks.  Some of his risks didn't pan out... and others gave people the newest God of War.  Remember when Cory pitched GoW to Shuhei and he said it was garbage and was really worried.  Cory and the team told him to trust them... and GoW became something incredible.  Shu was willing to do things like that... but I don't think Jim and Herman are.  I think most of the "creative" stuff you see from Sony will almost certainly be from Shu and the indie side now.

I get it though.  One part of Sony absolutely needs someone like Jim Ryan who's likely very cutthroat.  When you're spending $200-300m on projects.. you NEED to have some certainty of success with them.

But man.. if Sony doesn't do something.. they'll have about 5-6 games from their biggest studios.. all making the same game over and over again.  That's what killed Bungie with MS.  Some studios sign up for that shit... but creative studios like Bungie and that talent want to make new IP and new things.  These games take 5+ years ffs... you can only make so many.. and making the same one over and over just doesn't cut it for that kind of person.

Sony may have other things in mind, something which will grant mid size studios more freedom in the future to grow.. but it's not sounding good atm, because those studios are always in a state of helping the bigger named studios do their projects.  Kinda sucks.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Jim Ryan was the same guy who said this

Sony's Jim Ryan on Backwards Compatibility: "Why Would Anybody Play This?" (dualshockers.com)

hes just so out of touch, im not sure why hes making all the big gaming decisions.

They're closing down the PS3/PSP/Vita stores too.. which means thousands of PS games are going away for PS fans.

Jim Ryan is focused on big AAA hits that make BIG bucks.. and that can be augmented by products in other areas of entertainment.. like TV/Movies, and music.

1 minute ago, JonB said:

What are playing? Astrobot demo over and over ? Lol no.  You're probably playing gamepass on series x 😎

I don't have a Series X yet. I'm going to sell my One X though while it's still valuable. The value on this POS won't last long. :mj: