Next Bioshock will be open world

45 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

The first one had an amazing first half and intro. The second half was meh. I didn’t care for the sequels. 

yoo GD I appreciate your honesty. and I agree. the intro of bioshock is godlike. (the plot twist at the end is cool but so overrated in my opinion).

I like them all tho, even if i have to force myself a little when I replay them but they are kinda enjoyable, never finished infinite. 

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I think enough time has passed to give Bioshock another go. Was always going to be open world this time around

:wonder: 

I'm DOWN AS FUCK for an open world Bioshock.

Imagine being able to explore an entire realization of Rapture?

Being open world doesn't inherently make something bad... Bioshock is all about the environment and immersion.. and an open world game could be perfect for that.  

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, Remij said:

Being open world doesn't inherently make something bad... Bioshock is all about the environment and immersion.. and an open world game could be perfect for that.  

Bioshock is about carefully crafted environments with a deliberate pacing and focused storytelling. Open world design and the filler + pacing issues it brings would shit all over that.

2 hours ago, Remij said:

Highly doubt it will be Rapture though.

I think Space is going to be the theme. 

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Bioshock is about carefully crafted environments with a deliberate pacing and focused storytelling. Open world design and the filler + pacing issues it brings would shit all over that.

So was Zelda before BOTW :drake: 

You can tell a story in an open world game...   Just wait and see the fucking thing first before deciding you hate it ffs :hest: 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Remij said:

So was Zelda before BOTW :drake: 

You can tell a story in an open world game...   Just wait and see the fucking thing first before deciding you hate it ffs :hest: 

Lol Zelda's storytelling is average as fuck, I doubt even most fans would disagree with that. Comparing it to Bioshock is pretty silly.

I don't have to wait for anything. The majority of linear franchises that go open world end up being worse off for it.