Next Bioshock will be open world

42 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Lol Zelda's storytelling is average as fuck, I doubt even most fans would disagree with that. Comparing it to Bioshock is pretty silly.

I don't have to wait for anything. The majority of linear franchises that go open world end up being worse off for it.

Did Witcher 3 had a worse story than it's predecessors because of it's open world? No.

From Software is going with an open world game design too and I'm sure the game will still have excellent level design.

Anything is possible but you have no imagination or you are just jaded as fuck.

32 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Did Witcher 3 had a worse story than it's predecessors because of it's open world? No.

From Software is going with an open world game design too and I'm sure the game will still have excellent level design.

Nah. Take Plague Tale for example, the pacing and progression in that game is immaculate. You could never have that type of experience in an open world game. It also happens to have better storytelling and a better overall story than any open world game in recent memory.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Lol Zelda's storytelling is average as fuck, I doubt even most fans would disagree with that. Comparing it to Bioshock is pretty silly.

I don't have to wait for anything. The majority of linear franchises that go open world end up being worse off for it.

Stick to Super Seducer you clown :mj:

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Nah. Take Plague Tale for example, the pacing and progression in that game is immaculate. You could never have that type of experience in an open world game. It also happens to have better storytelling and a better overall story than any open world game in recent memory.

New Vegas and VTMB are my favorite video games stories of all time, Witcher 3 had the most memorable story of last-gen. All open world games. :wonder: 

It seems you think a game needs to be a linear walking simulator to have a good story. You are very narrow minded and lack imagination. 

11 minutes ago, Remij said:

Stick to Super Seducer you clown :mj:

:D 

According to Twinblade, only scripted sequences is good storytelling.

Uncharted must be his favorite series of all time. :holeup:

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Ramza said:

New Vegas and VTMB are my favorite video games stories of all time, Witcher 3 had the most memorable story of last-gen. All open world games. :wonder: 

It seems you think a game needs to be a linear walking simulator to have a good story. You are very narrow minded and lack imagination. 

Dude, its no coincidence that the games with the most renowned stories and storytelling techniques are linear. MGS2 and 3 are the perfect examples, in fact that was one series where the story went to shit the moment it went open world.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Ramza said:

Actually godcher 3 suffered a lot from the open world design in terms of pacing of the story. godcher 1 had the best story telling and pacing of them all for a reason, also godcher 2 followed that route. both replayed in 2017. 

the reason why godcher 3 and new vegas for that matter "get a pass" is because the setting allows it. There is no actual main story in new vegas you can get excited about that needs to be paced perfectly, like in bioshock games feeding you every tiny bit of lore at the right time. 

and as for godcher 3 the universe just allows Geralt to roam around and help others and do his job. it just makes sense. etc.

I get your point and rempees, but I also understand twinb here. It's like you are blind to the obvious problems open worlds can have on what is supposed to be a narrative heavy game.

I wish it stayed linear so they can focus on the story and pacing but I don't mind if they go open world and fuck the game up with filler nonsense. :shrug: 

Like I said I didn't even finish infinite but you guys are crazy acting all smart about open world games missing the point lol

• Upvote 1