Nier Replicant Intro

The arrangement is pretty fucking awesome... but still not quiiiite as perfect as the original was.

Still though.. this is going to be simply fucking amazing to play again :blessed: 

Sheep need not apply :mickey: 

The more I see of this release the more I feel like it’s pointless and they should have just re released the original. The art style is worse, the music sounds fine but the original is clearly much better (especially that shadowlord track), and the re recorded lines like in that trailer seriously suck compared to the original Laura Bailey performance back in the 2010 version. And the fact it’s the Replicant version instead of Gestalht makes it inferior by default.

Only thing I see be being better is the performance and technical graphics but not by very much from what I’ve seen.

I’m still interested if only to see what new content they have in store

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Delita said:

The more I see of this release the more I feel like it’s pointless and they should have just re released the original. The art style is worse, the music sounds fine but the original is clearly much better (especially that shadowlord track), and the re recorded lines like in that trailer seriously suck compared to the original Laura Bailey performance back in the 2010 version. And the fact it’s the Replicant version instead of Gestalht makes it inferior by default.

Only thing I see be being better is the performance and technical graphics but not by very much from what I’ve seen.

I’m still interested if only to see what new content they have in store

It's hard to disagree with anything you've said.

The OST was NEVER going to match the original... but at the same time... what I've heard is still great.  Having additional arrangements of those tracks isn't a bad thing.  Like I said though, I hope they officially support the option to change between the old OST and the new one.  I know fans will mod it for sure.. but it would be nice to have it officially supported.

I actually think the art style is better for the most part though.  I know some of the characters may look off if you're really used to how they looked before, but I think overall the art style is better.  The gameplay and control improvements will probably feel much better too.

And Papa Nier will definitely be in this game.  I'm also sure modders will mod in the original character models too haha.

The person who uploaded this intro did state that they were playing on the PS5 and that the framerate was all over the place.  Dipping under 60 hard, but never dropping below 30.  That's pretty bad haha.

Still, Friday can't come soon enough :glad: 

delita acting like he's a TRUE GOD TIER NIER FAN LIKE ME prefering the ORIGINAL NIER. 

pleaaaseee. :mj:  this forum cracks me up. i'm the only true NIER GOD. 

• Like 1
  • Ben 1