Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Thoughts on the 16 year old shot?

So I’m not so sure I believe anything the family is saying. They’re saying Makiah called 911, but they also said she dropped the knife before the shooting. Clearly a lie. 

also - the 911 call says “a girl is trying to stab us”, but the only one with a knife is makiah. 

makiah also lived in foster care, but seemed to be a really nice area. Perhaps irrelevant, but does anyone know if that was actually her house? And if she’s in foster care, why was her aunt there? Visiting perhaps? I don’t know.....

Anybody would be within their lawful right to shoot and kill this girl. In some states it would actually be a crime itself to not try to intervene if you have the capability to do so. This cop was completely in the right and any other person with a firearm in the same position would be as well. It's legal to kill somebody if they're about to commit grievous bodily harm to another person.

She earned every one of those bullets.

Edited by DynamiteCop
13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Anybody would be within their lawful right to shoot and kill this girl. In some states it would actually be a crime itself to not try to intervene if you have the capability to do so. This cop was completely in the right and any other person with a firearm in the same position would be as well. It's legal to kill somebody if they're about to commit grievous bodily harm to another person.

She earned every one of those bullets.

So where it COULD get dicey (not for the cop imo, but the other girls)

if they were there to jump Her (big if), and were on ma’khais “property”, doesn’t she have a stand your ground argument? Prob out the window when the cop came tho? 

Edited by ghostz life matters
11 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

So where it COULD get dicey (not for the cop imo, but the other girls)

if they were there to jump Her (big if), and were on ma’khais “property”, doesn’t she have a stand your ground argument? Prob out the window when the cop came tho? 

Well it's not only out the window when the cop came, they'd have to prove she was in imminent danger of death herself or like I said before grievous bodily harm. It's a pretty open and close case to be on honest.

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

Well it's not only out the window when the cop came, they'd have to prove she was in imminent danger of death herself or like I said before grievous bodily harm. It's a pretty open and close case to be on honest.

Yeah, the girl in the pink was standing alone to the right when the cop showed up. Ma’khai wrestled on the ground with another chick (who gets kicked in the dome by some random dude), gets up and goes to stab the pink chick. It’s heartbreaking that it happened but I don’t see how the cop did anything wrong. 

So some more details are trickling in, not sure how accurate tho. 

her aunt said makhia called the cops, but the 911 call is saying someone is trying to stab people. Only makhia had a knife

the aunt said makhia had dropped the knife prior to the shooting, another lie. 

there was no girls coming to jump makhia. They all lived in a foster home (scene of the shooting) and got into a fight.  This was a foster.. domestic dispute. 

the girl in the pink.. if she was the initial aggressor, she surely wasn’t when the cops came. When they arrived she was standing alone, holding a small dog. She went to calmly talk to the police before being randomly attacked by makhia. 

there’s a lot of outrage for this one, and justifiably so because she was a child, but the cops did the right action here. 

This was as cut and dry a case as it gets. 

Imagine if the cop had just stood by and let the other girl potentially get stabbed to death. And then he would have been blamed for doing nothing. There is no favorable outcome for him in this anti-cop society.

What makes it worse is how our own government continues to use incidents like this to divide our country and demonize cops. The press secretary literally came out and to the whole country blamed police and systematic racism before even knowing all the details. This is toxic, but its obvious why they do it. Pandering to minorities and playing the racism card despite us still being one of the least racist countries on the planet is how they stay in power.

Then you have the liberal media who literally posted completely fabricated articles about she was unarmed and once again blaming cops to further add more fuel to the fire.

Liberals continue to ruin our country and society.

23 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Imagine if the cop had just stood by and let the other girl potentially get stabbed to death. And then he would have been blamed for doing nothing. There is no favorable outcome for him in this anti-cop society.

What makes it worse is how our own government continues to use incidents like this to divide our country and demonize cops. The press secretary literally came out and to the whole country blamed police and systematic racism before even knowing all the details. This is toxic, but its obvious why they do it. Pandering to minorities and playing the racism card despite us still being one of the least racist countries on the planet is how they stay in power.

Then you have the liberal media who literally posted completely fabricated articles about she was unarmed and once again blaming cops to further add more fuel to the fire.

It’s actually bizarre. I mean it’s awful she died, but I can’t say a taser would have done anything and there is no police Manual in the country that says go to hand to hand combat with someone wielding a knife.  The lies being told about this one are just flat out sickening though. 

On 2021-04-22 at 7:48 AM, Twinblade said:

Go cry somewhere else.

I love how you are now trying to tie this incident to something the press secretary said that is referring to overall police and systemic racism.

Holy shit, you've gone full blown right-wing talking points. That's hilarious, it shows that you are definitely losing your shit.

Articles like this blow my mind. The author is implying the cop should have asked Ma’Khia if she wanted something to eat. Lol. 

Inside the house, I did not yell, nor did I order the teens to drop their weapons. Instead, I asked whether they wanted something to eat. Confused and suddenly distracted by me, neither responded, but when I walked over to the kitchen and started making them food, they followed me

https://www.vox.com/first-person/22409527/makhia-bryant-deescalation