With Covid vaccines do you think people are celebrating a little too early?

With the news of this new Texas strain that's supposedly antibody resistant and the propensity of the new strains to cause more severe illness in younger people I feel like we're celebrating a little too early with this thing

I'm hoping that won't be the case but with the previous pandemics lasting 4 or so years I feel like we're in for a longer ride with this virus

What's your thoughts? Am I being too gloomy?

Edited by Vini

Is that headline meant to be serious? People are stupid, of course they are "celebrating" to early. common sense isn't common. 

i went to disney world with my nieces this past week and i'm flying to a few places in the next month. most places still require masks and proper distancing. however, i'm willing to take the risks, since i'm fully vaccinated. enough is enough 

49 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i went to disney world with my nieces this past week and i'm flying to a few places in the next month. most places still require masks and proper distancing. however, i'm willing to take the risks, since i'm fully vaccinated. enough is enough 

I can see the requirements for still having masks and distancing especially indoor environments, but if I’m out and about outside in the sunshine in public don’t really see the need for a mask anymore for vaccinated individuals. My gf gets her first dose on Sunday. Looking forward to traveling again too! 

• aitch 1
1 minute ago, Ike said:

I can see the requirements for still having masks and distancing especially indoor environments, but if I’m out and about outside in the sunshine in public don’t really see the need for a mask anymore for vaccinated individuals. My gf gets her first dose on Sunday. Looking forward to traveling again too! 

yeah, i'm going to visit a bunch of friends i haven't seen. it felt great hitting disney with my nieces. i expect to also hit new york, vegas and cali later in the year. 

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

I don't care about any of this s*** anymore, I'm getting vaccinated and then never paying attention to any of this crap again

that's how i felt once i got my second vaccine. i don't even bother reading about stats anymore. i'm just enjoying life.  

• Like 2
13 hours ago, -GD-X said:

that's how i felt once i got my second vaccine. i don't even bother reading about stats anymore. i'm just enjoying life.  

I've been in the same boat without the vaccine lol. I'm just careful not to give it to anyone elderly or obese, family members etc

My point was this pandemic hasn't really effected the younger generation, that might all change with one shitty variant that the vaccines can't stop and all of a sudden this thing is hunting our generation

Edited by Vini