Jeff Grubb says he thinks Forza Horizon 5 is coming this year, but that it's not set in Japan

So it's not set in Japan, which is whatever to me.  I'd like Japan, and they'll get there eventually.. but there's lots of other awesome places they could set the game.

Can't wait to see it :wow2: 

20 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Iceland has one major road that’s goes around the island in a circle. It wouldn’t make for the most exciting racing game.

Nah it would be cool

2 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

I think it would actually be cooler if they did China rather than Japan. There's some really insane roads and scenery in that country. They also have a massive desert which would make a cool part of the map on the Northern side

yeah, china would be dope af. 

There’s only been two Mario Kart releases since the FH1 came out and one of them was just a deluxe version of MK8. This franchise is fucking rehashed to death more than anything Nintendo has ever done. It’s also the lone AAA franchise Xbox has left so it makes sense. :hest: 

I'm excited for FH5 no doubt... but it's safe to assume that if it releases this year, it's probably still running on the older engine :( 

Hopefully though they made enough improvements to it for the next gen consoles and PC that they can push the limits of what's possible with it.

The biggest improvements will come down to material shaders and car models.. so assuming they've been improving both of those things for the past few years... bodes well for this game.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Remij said:

I'm excited for FH5 no doubt... but it's safe to assume that if it releases this year, it's probably still running on the older engine :( 

Hopefully though they made enough improvements to it for the next gen consoles and PC that they can push the limits of what's possible with it.

The biggest improvements will come down to material shaders and car models.. so assuming they've been improving both of those things for the past few years... bodes well for this game.

this is a game that can really show off those next gen visual bells and whistles. i look forward to the reveal! 

• aitch 1
1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

this is a game that can really show off those next gen visual bells and whistles. i look forward to the reveal! 

FH4 remains one of the best looking racing games ever made.  FH5 will continue the legacy, no doubt :wow2: 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Ike said:

There’s only been two Mario Kart releases since the FH1 came out and one of them was just a deluxe version of MK8. This franchise is fucking rehashed to death more than anything Nintendo has ever done. It’s also the lone AAA franchise Xbox has left so it makes sense. :hest: 

i think forza motorsport rehashes a bit too much, but the horizon series always adds significant changes. 4 has too much content lol. i would like to see 5 return to a traditional campaign (4 is too open imo) and a new setting. 

50 minutes ago, Ike said:

Forza is not even a decade old as yet and this release would make it 12 Forza racing games in less than 10 years. :drake:

• Haha 1
On 2021-04-23 at 4:02 PM, Goukosan said:

Forza is not even a decade old as yet and this release would make it 12 Forza racing games in less than 10 years. :drake:

Forza came out in 2005, no ?