Damn, Nier is worst on Playstation..

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

oh I thought you had bought the new laptop already.

Haha, I wish. I'm gonna wait for a deal or price drop before getting one with the RTX 3060-3080 gpu.

My ghetto laptop is pretty adequate for 1080p gaming. Mafia Definitive Edition is the only game I had to lower my expectations to get 60FPS. 

NieR is just weird, I was expecting to max out everything and still have at least 90+ FPS, not an unstable 60.

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Haha, I wish. I'm gonna wait for a deal or price drop before getting one with the RTX 3060-3080 gpu.

My ghetto laptop is pretty adequate for 1080p gaming. Mafia Definitive Edition is the only game I had to lower my expectations to get 60FPS. 

NieR is just weird, I was expecting to max out everything and still have at least 90+ FPS, not an unstable 60.

Yea, despite the fact that it's been running perfectly for me at 60fps locked.. which it should obviously... if I unlock the FPS it usually hovers around 90-100fps.

Given how the game looks, it should be running way faster.  The problem is, that the game isn't multithreaded.  It's hammering 1 CPU core and that's about it.  So it's CPU bound.. which causes GPU usage to drop because the CPU can't submit work to the GPU fast enough.. so it's literally just waiting around doing nothing.  My GPU usage is only 50-60% at most... so yea, that's an issue with the game code.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea, despite the fact that it's been running perfectly for me at 60fps locked.. which it should obviously... if I unlock the FPS it usually hovers around 90-100fps.

Given how the game looks, it should be running way faster.  The problem is, that the game isn't multithreaded.  It's hammering 1 CPU core and that's about it.  So it's CPU bound.. which causes GPU usage to drop because the CPU can't submit work to the GPU fast enough.. so it's literally just waiting around doing nothing.  My GPU usage is only 50-60% at most... so yea, that's an issue with the game code.

That makes sense. I'll try overlocking the CPU later, see if it makes a difference.

7 minutes ago, Ramza said:

That makes sense. I'll try overlocking the CPU later, see if it makes a difference.

You can try, but I'd say don't even bother man.  You'll likely hardly gain anything from it.  

I could be wrong though.. maybe it will help you stick closer to 60fps.. but on the whole, I'd say don't bother wasting your time trying to fuck with your system and then risk having other problems or shit pop up in other games.

Unless you're super comfortable with it and know what you're doing.

OMFG here's the PS5 vs Series X/S comparison :rofl: 

LMAO look at the texture filtering on the ground and the resolution :D 

ps5nier.png

seriesxnier.png

"No, I can't see any difference what so ever" :rofl: 

comp12.png

Texture filtering?  What's that? :wonder:  :rofl: 

comp14.png

Loading times?  Surely best on Playst....

comp13.png

:rofl: 

The only KGB certified game for Aza, and it's better on Xbox than Playstation :rofls: