• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I need to get back to the gym   i got in much better shape last year when I was off work doing a 12 week challenge. Now I’m turning into TJ 

i started on 30 mins a week ago now up to this non stop rowing lol

🙂 still bro'ing  

Posted Images

Just now, PuNKy_LeMmInG said:

probably wouldnt look at good as an old bodybuilder 🙂

powerlifting and bodybuilding are two different things, though. powerlifters couldn't care less about aesthetics.

i actually tell my friends, who are looking to get muscular, to ditch the low rep routines for 8-12 rep ones, with slow controlled movements. time under tension nets the best muscular results. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i actually tell my friends, who are looking to get muscular, to ditch the low rep routines for 8-12 rep ones, with slow controlled movements. time under tension nets the best muscular results. 

yeah you basically just described the P90X3 Eccentric Upper workout in a nut shell. Its pure eccentric exercises with a focus on hypertrophy including having practically no rest breaks between moves. It kills me but I always feel like I got a hell of a workout afterwards.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

yeah you basically just described the P90X3 Eccentric Upper workout in a nut shell. Its pure eccentric exercises with a focus on hypertrophy including having practically no rest breaks between moves. It kills me but I always feel like I got a hell of a workout afterwards.

upper eccentric is excellent! i've actually just recommended the upper/lower portions of p90x3 to people, and just said do each twice a week lol. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

upper eccentric is excellent! i've actually just recommended the upper/lower portions of p90x3 to people, and just said do each twice a week lol. 

Yeah the mass schedule (the one i've been doing) has 2x upper body and 2x lower body workouts a week, and I actually haven't been able to complete a full week yet :D I knock out the 2 upper body workouts and 1 leg one, but my lower body always takes a bigger hit and I feel too sore to do the 2nd leg day. I think being so sedentary makes it harder to recover after doing legs. Also probably doesn't help that im trying to bulk so I always skip cardio.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

Yeah the mass schedule (the one i've been doing) has 2x upper body and 2x lower body workouts a week, and I actually haven't been able to complete a full week yet :D I knock out the 2 upper body workouts and 1 leg one, but my lower body always takes a bigger hit and I feel too sore to do the 2nd leg day. I think being so sedentary makes it harder to recover after doing legs. Also probably doesn't help that im trying to bulk so I always skip cardio.

ha! yeah, legs take more time to recover, especially hamstrings. i have to say, tony outdid himself with how balanced the eccentric workouts are. 

1 hour ago, PuNKy_LeMmInG said:

What a dumb video. Even if he does use fake weights for demonstration purposes I don't see why that matters at all. Not every fitness youtuber needs to lift big when showing people good form, technique, etc.

• Ben 1

Yeah, the fake weight thing didn’t bother me. These guys do a lot of takes when making their vids, so I gave it a pass. Jeff knows his stuff. Shit, he worked with the NY Mets. I fixed a trapezius issue with one of his rehab techniques.